These delicious Snickerdoodle Cookies have the perfect texture of crispy edges with a soft, and chewy center, making these cookies a family favorite!
I love snickerdoodle cookies and these cookies have the best texture with just the right amount of that cinnamon-y butter-y flavor you expect in a snickerdoodle cookie.
And with the holiday season right around the corner (literally only two weeks until Thanksgiving, can you believe it!?), these snickerdoodle cookies are a must make this holiday season!
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✔ As always, don’t over mix the dough when your adding the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. You just need to mix it together until “just combined” meaning that you will still see some of the flour mixture. Mixing the dough together too much will result in “flat” cookies that don’t taste as delicious as they should be.
✔ This snickerdoodle cookie recipe is perfect to make ahead of time because you never know when you will need a dessert to bring to a holiday party or a last-minute gift! After you make the cookie dough, roll the cookie dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough balls for up to 2 months. Once your ready to bake the cookies, place the frozen cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 13-16 minutes.
✔ I have also been getting a lot of questions recently about the amount of cookie dough I use to make each cookie dough ball. So I thought I would explain to you how I scoop my cookie dough to make the perfect sized cookies.
✔ I always use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop but if you don’t have a cookie scoop you can use a 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon. Each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 Tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie.
★ And to make it super easy for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES:
Now that you know how to make these delicious cookies and how to scoop the perfect cookie, let’s get baking…
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened, 1 stick
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and ground cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and ground cinnamon together. This will be used to roll the cookie dough balls into.
- Using a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop or 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop cookie dough into balls. I make my cookie dough balls 2 Tablespoons each, which makes the perfect sized cookie. Roll the cookie dough balls into the small bowl of cinnamon-sugar. Then using your hands, slightly press down cookie dough ball to form a mini "hockey puck" and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for 3-5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Freezing the cookie dough: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. Once your ready to bake them, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 13-16 minutes.
- Storing the cookies: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
BAKING TOOLS I USED:
Check out more delicious Cookie Recipes…
And if you love snickerdoodle, you will love these Snickerdoodle Cupcakes!
You say to add butter in the step by step instructions but I don’t see how much butter you need in the ingredients list??
Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! Our website experienced a technical issue during an update. We’ve fixed the issue of the butter missing from the ingredients list. We are so sorry! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Really great tips! These look absolutely perfect!
These are seriously one of my kids’ favorite cookies and yours look fabulous! Pinned and can’t wait to make!
Oh wow! These cookies look amazing! If you had a moment, I would be delighted if you’d pop on over to my blog and add this (and maybe 2 others!) to the #PureBlogLove link party 🙂
I’m loving the step-by-step instructions in this one, Jenn! Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies! Pinned!
I love all the tips you shared in this one, Jenn. These cinnamony, buttery cookies sound just right to me!
These look like I could eat about a dozen! Love all that cinnamon sugar goodness!
I love the idea of freezing the dough for later, so in a few months when I’m craving buttery and cinnamon, I have the perfect snack! These are perfect!
These look like the absolute perfect snickerdoodles! I love the step by step – such great tips!
These do look perfect! I don’t have a go-to snickerdoodle recipe yet, so I’m excited to try these!
Snickerdoodle is one of my favorite flavors this time of year! These look perfect!
A good Snickerdoodle with a soft and chewy center is the best! Great tips, Jenn!
These look amazing! My kids will love these. Pinned to try soon.
You know I love these Jenn! Pinning!
Favorite cookie! I LOVE these!! Thanks for making it look so easy!!
Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies….these look absolutely perfect!!