BEST HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These homemade chocolate chip cookies are the BEST soft chocolate chip cookies recipe you’ll find! They’re soft and chewy on the inside with the perfect golden-brown crispy edges.
EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
If you’re looking for an easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies, these are the ones you’ll want to try! There’s no chilling the dough before baking, just mix the ingredients, bake for 10 minutes and you’re done!
These chewy chocolate chip cookies couldn’t be any easier to bake!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FROM SCRATCH
Don’t you wish you could just grab one or two of these chocolate chip cookies right off your screen!? Well, I wish you could too because these are the BEST homemade chocolate chip cookies EVER!
They even use milk chocolate chips and that just adds to the delicious flavor of these cookies! This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies but they will be gone quick! Perfect for the holiday season whether you’re in a baking mood, gifting delicious cookies, or preparing for a big party.
These homemade chocolate chip cookies are a classic baked to pure perfection!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES INGREDIENTS
For this chocolate chip cookie recipe, you’ll need these simple ingredients:
- FLOUR: Would it be a cookie recipe without flour? I don’t think so! This is the base ingredient.
- BAKING SODA: This is what helps our cookies thicken up and rise to a yummy soft cookie!
- SALT: Just a bit of salt to help balance out the flavors and chemistry of this cookie recipe.
- BUTTER: Make sure to bring your unsalted butter to room temperature.
- SUGAR: Sugar gives your cookies the perfect sweet taste!
- BROWN SUGAR: For some added flavors, brown sugar is used in this recipe.
- VANILLA: Vanilla is a must as it adds some delicious flavor to your cookies.
- EGGS: This is what makes these cookies nice and thick.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Milk chocolate chips work best for cookies!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Scroll down for a step-by-step printable recipe card!
PREPARE: Preheat oven to 370F and then line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
MIX INGREDIENTS: Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl; set aside. Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla until well combined. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing in between each addition. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Stir in 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips until well combined with a spatula.
BAKE AND SERVE: Scoop 2-tablespoon balls of cookie dough and place onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and rotate the baking sheet clockwise before baking an additional 4-5 minutes, until golden brown along the edges. Place additional chocolate chips on top of the cookies and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve once cooled.
Note: be very careful not to overmix the cookie dough! You should mix it until just combined with some remaining flour on the bottom of your bowl.
CAN I USE SALTED BUTTER FOR THIS RECIPE?
It is not recommended, no! Unsalted butter is not the same as it adds an undetermined amount of salt and can affect the final result. Always use unsalted butter when baking.
WHAT ARE THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO USE?
Personally, I like to use milk chocolate chips. So if you’re looking for some Hershey’s chocolate chip cookies or Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies, this is the perfect recipe to use! They work so much better than semi-sweet chocolate chips as the milk chocolate really brings these cookies to the next level!!
Just trust me, you will want to use milk chocolate chips every time once you try these!
HOW DO YOU BEST SCOOP OUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH?
I always use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop but if you don’t have a cookie scoop you can use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon. Each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie.
And to make it super easy for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
HOW LONG WILL THESE COOKIES LAST?
These cookies will stay fresh on the counter for up to 7 days in an airtight container, or you can store them in the freezer for 1-2 months.
CAN I MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! If you want to prepare the cookie dough ahead of time, roll the dough into balls and then place them in an airtight container. When you’re ready to bake, place them onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes.
Check out these other delicious chocolate chip cookie recipes!
If you have tried this Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 370F and then line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add 1 egg at a time, mixing in between each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips until well combined with a spatula.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon balls of cookie dough and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and rotate the baking sheet clockwise before baking an additional 4-5 minutes, until golden brown along the edges.
- Once done baking, place additional chocolate chips on top of the cookies and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve once cooled.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 114mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 3g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.