Easy Christmas Crack
Christmas Crack is the easiest and most scrumptious treat you’ll make this holiday season! Salty, crunchy crackers are all dressed up with a sweet and buttery mixture that’s topped off with chocolate. Add whatever toppings your heart desires, and enjoy!
Easy Christmas Crack
Cracking into this easy to make Christmas treat is a little kitchen ritual I happily look forward to all year long! If you’ve never had it before, Christmas Crack is pretty much the ultimate Christmastime dessert. It’s crunchy, salty, sweet, and can be topped with whatever you’d like. There’s a whole lot to love about this timeless recipe!
It’s too easy to spend way over budget during the holidays. You can help alleviate the pressure on your wallet by making inexpensive recipes like this one that use basic pantry staples! Butter, brown sugar, saltine crackers, and milk chocolate chips are all you need to toss together to make this budget-friendly Christmas recipe. If you’re anything like me, you probably already have all of that on hand.
Bring your big batch of Christmas Crack with you to potlucks, holiday parties, cookie exchanges, or gift it to loved ones! Handing out little baggies of these salty and sweet treats is the best (and most delicious) way to share a little Christmas cheer with teachers, neighbors, and anyone else who deserves a little sweetness this holiday season.
Ingredients for Easy Christmas Crack
Only 4 inexpensive ingredients are needed to make this classic recipe!
- BUTTER – 1 cup unsalted butter
- BROWN SUGAR – 1 cup brown sugar
- CRACKERS – 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS – 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Here are some optional toppings to consider:
- HEATH CANDY BARS
How to Make Easy Christmas Crack
PREPARE. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Spray the foil/mat with cooking spray. Line the pan with your crackers.
MAKE THE SWEET MIXTURE. Combine the butter and sugar in a pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until it’s bubbling.
POUR IT. Pour the sugary mixture over the crackers. Spread the mixture into an even layer with a knife.
BAKE. Bake for about 5-8 minutes.
MELT THE CHOCOLATE. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Once they start melting, spread them into an even layer.
DECORATE AND CHILL. Sprinkle your favorite toppings all over the chocolate while it’s still gooey. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or overnight.
CRACK IT! Once the chocolate fully hardens, break into pieces.
Tips and Variations to Try
Here are just a few things to keep in mind or try for yourself when making this Easy Christmas Crack!
- Cook the butter and sugar for long enough. If you don’t let the butter and sugar mixture come to a boil before you pour it across the crackers, your Christmas Crack will end up chewy instead of crunchy.
- Switch up the chocolate. Not a fan of milk chocolate? You can opt for white or dark chocolate instead if you’d like! There’s really not a bad way to spread any chocolate you choose all over this sweet treat.
- Keep it fresh for 5 days! Yes, this is really the gift that keeps on giving! You can keep Christmas Crack fresh for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature. Just make sure it’s stored in a truly airtight baggie or container to keep those crackers nice and crunchy.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or use a silicone baking mat. Spray foil/mat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the pan with saltine crackers.
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the butter and sugar. Bring them to a boil, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes or until it’s bubbling.
- Pour mixture over saltine crackers. Spread the mixture evenly with a knife.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with chocolate chips. Once they start melting, spread them over the top.
- Sprinkle with your favorite toppings. Place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or overnight.
- Once the chocolate has hardeneds, break into pieces.
- LEFTOVERS: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.