THE BEST BAKED BEANS RECIPE
This is hands down the BEST baked beans recipe! So full of delicious flavor and topped with everyone’s favorite…BACON!
THE BEST BBQ BAKED BEANS
If you’re looking for one of the best baked beans recipes out there, you’re going to love this delicious side dish. You’re about to take BBQ’s to a whole other level!
The power of a great side dish of baked beans is undeniable. We’ve probably all been to a BBQ or two where we were craving those delicious baked beans but no one had a stellar recipe that they were wanting to share. Those days are over. This is seriously one of the best baked beans recipes, ever.
EASY BAKED BEANS RECIPE
I’ve made this a ton of times, and guess what? I’ll be making it for many, many years to come because now, it’s what people request for me to bring. Anytime there’s an outdoor dinner or BBQ, I know that this is my go-to dish without fail.
Not only is the taste truly delicious, but this is such an easy baked beans recipe. There’s little prep work involved and I can literally make this just before we’re leaving to head out the door. Don’t spend hours upon hours prepping and working hard when this recipe was meant to make your life easier!
Get ready to have the star dish all summer long with these delicious homemade baked beans with bacon!
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE BAKED BEANS
This super easy baked beans recipe just takes these ingredients:
- BACON: The best part of this recipe is the BACON! Fry up your favorite or you can use a couple packages of real bacon pieces (but I think it taste best with freshly cooked bacon!).
- ONION: Onion fried in bacon grease is THE BEST!!
- BEANS: You can use any beans you like – we used pork and beans for this recipe.
- BROWN SUGAR: This adds the perfect flavor to your baked beans!
- MUSTARD: Just a little bit of mustard for the perfect profile of flavors.
- BBQ SAUCE: Your BEST bbq sauce goes SOOOOOO good with these baked beans! We used our favorite baby ray’s.
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE: Just a bit of Worcestershire sauce added to the beans.
- PEPPER: Pretty much every recipe needs a bit of pepper, right?
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BAKED BEANS
Scroll down below for a full printable step-by-step recipe!
- PREP: Preheat oven to 400F degrees and spray a large 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- COOK BACON: Cut up bacon into small pieces and cook until very crispy. Remove from grease and add bacon to a large bowl, reserving a ½ cup of bacon for topping.
- COOK ONIONS: Add onions and saute in bacon grease. Add onions to bowl with the bacon.
- MIX INGREDIENTS: Open each can of beans and pour off all the standing liquid on the top of the can. Add beans to the large bowl. Add the brown sugar, mustard, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper; stir well.
- BAKE: Pour into a large baking dish and add the remaining bacon on top of the beans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a little brown and bubbly.
CAN I MAKE THESE BAKED BEANS IN A SLOW COOKER?
You sure can! To make baked beans in a slow cooker, follow the recipe and add them to the slow cooker instead of placing them in the oven. Cook them on low heat for 4-6 hours.
WHAT ARE THE BEST BEANS TO USE?
We like to make this super easy to we use a couple cans of pork and beans. You can use whatever you like! Just make sure to soak your beans if you use any dried ones.
WHAT IS THE BEST BBQ SAUCE TO USE?
Whatever your favorite is, of course! We are a big fan of baby ray’s BBQ sauce around here so that’s what we use. You could also try some homemade BBQ sauce if you have any on hand.
CAN I MAKE THESE BBQ BAKED BEANS AHEAD OF TIME?
You sure can! These homemade baked beans are PERFECT to make the night before and reheat when you’re ready to serve.
Check out these other potluck bbq side dishes!
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Avocado Salsa
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- IP Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Fruit Salad
If you have tried this Best Baked Beans recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (16 oz cans) Pork and Beans
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1/3 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and spray a large 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut up bacon into small pieces and cook until very crispy. Remove from grease and add bacon to a large bowl, reserving ½ cup of bacon for topping.
- Add onions and saute in bacon grease. Add onions to bowl with the bacon.
- Open each can of beans and pour off all the standing liquid on the top of the can. Add beans to the large bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, mustard, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; stir well.
- Pour into a large baking dish and add the remaining bacon on top of the beans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a little brown and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.