One Pot Chili Mac Recipe
One Pot Chili Mac is the ultimate comfort dinner! Tender macaroni pasta is tossed with beans, tomatoes, ground beef, and plenty of cheese. Both kid-approved and loved by adults, this easy to make one pot dinner is perfect for those crazy weeknights when you need something quick, easy, and oh so delicious.
One Pot Chili Mac
When I make this One Pot Chili Mac for dinner, I know one thing for certain – I won’t have to convince anyone at the table to join the clean plate club! This easy dinner has everything you love about both mac and cheese and chili all tossed together in one cheesy, beefy, hearty recipe.
As perfect as this chili mac recipe is for weeknights with the family, it also doubles as a perfect potluck recipe. After all, when you go to a potluck or casual dinner party, you’re going to want a crowd-pleaser. What better way to make a room full of people happy than with homemade chili mac?!
This recipe checks all the right boxes. It’s a one pot recipe that calls for simple, inexpensive ingredients and always hits the spot! It’s comforting, filling, and loved by just about every single person who’s lucky enough to grab a bite. Make this for dinner tonight for your family or lug it with you to your next potluck – you won’t be let down!
Serving Suggestions for One Pot Chili Mac
Serve this cheesy meal all by itself, or add a side dish! Since this entree is so heavy, I recommend plating it with something on the lighter side like Air Fryer Asparagus.
One Pot Chili Mac Ingredients
- OLIVE OIL: 1 tbsp olive oil
- GARLIC: 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ONION: 1 onion, diced
- BEEF: 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- BROTH: 2 cups beef broth
- PASTA SAUCE: 2 cups traditional pasta sauce
- TOMATOES: 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- BEANS: 1 (16 oz) can mild chili beans, undrained
- CHILI SEASONING: 1 packet chili seasoning
- MACARONI: 1 box elbow macaroni
- CHEESE: 2 cups shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend
How to Make One Pot Chili Mac
COOK THE BEEF. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, and ground beef. Cook until browned, then drain.
ADD ALL INGREDIENTS. Stir in the beef broth, pasta sauce, tomatoes, beans, and chili seasoning mix. Bring to a simmer and stir in the pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until the pasta is cooked through. This should take about 13-15 minutes.
MAKE IT CHEESY. Remove the pot from the heat and top with cheese. Let the cheese melt down for about 2 minutes.
ENJOY! Serve this chili mac immediately with some sour cream, sliced avocado, and crunchy Fritos.
Variations to Try
- Add some spice to this chili mac by either adding crushed red peppers to the cooking beef, or add a sprinkle of cayenne powder in when you add the chili seasoning mix.
- Instead of ground beef, you could opt for ground turkey, chicken, or even a plant based substitute.
- You could use another pasta, but that may take away from the mac & cheese element of this meal.
Tips for the Best One Pot Chili Mac
- Don’t over cook the pasta! If the noodles are too soft, they might break apart when you stir it with the other ingredients at the end of the cook time.
- Give the cheese time to melt on top before you enjoy the chili mac. Trust me, those 2 minutes might feel like forever when you’re hungry, but the gooey melted cheese is SO worth it!
- This chili mac is best served nice and warm, so don’t make it too far in advance.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cup traditional pasta sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground beef, and cook until browned, drain.
- Stir in beef broth, pasta sauce, tomatoes, beans, and chili seasoning mix. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and serve with sour cream, avocado and Fritos.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 606Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 1215mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 44g