Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Looking for a filling weekday breakfast recipe? You will love this cheesy hash brown casserole! It’s so creamy, full of flavor, and easy to bake.
HASH BROWN CASSEROLE FOR BREAKFAST
This hash brown casserole recipe is PERFECT for breakfast! It’s delicious, creamy, savory, and so filling. It’s a hash brown casserole with corn flakes, what’s not to love about that?!
You’ll especially love how easy it is to reheat in the morning, too. The last thing you want it to turn an oven on at 7 am, right? You can make this the night before, refrigerate, and easily reheat come morning.
You’ll finish the morning satisfied everyone had a filling breakfast – the perfect start to a great day!
EASY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
Now, what’s even better than a delicious hash brown casserole for breakfast? An EASY hash brown casserole recipe, of course! Simply mix the ingredients together, add the topping, and bake. It’s that easy!!
While it takes a while to bake in the oven, it’s easily something you can put together at the end of the night and have ready to go come morning. In fact, prep time for this recipe is only 5 minutes!
Let’s get to this delicious cheesy hash brown casserole recipe now, shall we?
CHEESY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
- FROZEN DICED HASH BROWNS: It’s not a hash brown casserole without it, right?
- SALT: Hash browns definitely need just a bit of salt!
- ONION: Onion pulls together a delicious flavor.
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP: The cream of chicken serves as a great base to this recipe.
- CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP: The mushroom really adds some great flavors to this dish!
- SOUR CREAM: The sour cream adds a thick and creamy texture that makes this casserole so delicious.
- MILK: The milk really adds to the creaminess of this dish.
- CHEESE: We used cheddar cheese for this recipe, creating such a delicious flavor!
- CORN FLAKES: You’ll love the crunchy coating the corn flakes create.
- BUTTER: You’ll want to melt your butter and bring it to room temp!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
- PREHEAT: Start by preheating the oven to 350F and spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- MIX INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, mix the hash browns, salt, onions, soups, sour cream, milk, and cheese together. Pour into a baking dish.
- ADD TOPPING: In another small bowl, mix the crushed corn flakes and melted butter together. Sprinkle evenly across the top of the hash brown mixture.
- BAKE AND SERVE: Bake uncovered for 45 minutes and serve hot. Enjoy!
CAN THIS HASH BROWN CASSEROLE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, absolutely! You can make this the night before and refrigerate once it has cooled and wrap it in foil. Then you can reheat in the morning when everyone is ready to eat.
If you’d like to freeze this hash brown casserole, you can do so by first baking and allowing it to cool. Then, wrap in a few layers of foil and freeze for up to 2 months.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT HASH BROWN CASSEROLE?
If you’d like to reheat the entire casserole (such as after freezing), bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Or, you can microwave a single serving on a microwave-safe plate for about 30-60 seconds.
HOW LONG WILL HASH BROWN CASSEROLE LAST?
You’ll want to put this in the refrigerator as it will quickly spoil due to the dairy. I wouldn’t leave it out more than a couple of hours. It will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator and 1-2 months in the freezer.
Check out these other breakfast recipes!
If you have tried this Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- 32 ounces Frozen Diced Hash Browns (defrosted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ soup can of milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the hash browns, salt, onions, soups, sour cream, milk, and cheese together. Pour into baking dish.
- In another small bowl, mix the crushed corn flakes and melted butter together. Sprinkle evenly across the top of the hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes and serve hot. Enjoy!
- You can make this the night before and refrigerate once it has cooled and wrap it in foil. Then you can reheat in the morning when everyone is ready to eat.
- If you’d like to freeze this hash brown casserole, you can do so by first baking and allowing it to cool. Then, wrap in a few layers of foil and freeze for up to 2 months.
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Everyone at my house really loved it!! So good and comforting!
This is a must-have at all of our holiday meals! We usually have to double the recipe, because it goes so fast!!
This was amazing!! The perfect way to start my lazy day off! This si the epitome of comfort breakfast food!
Oh yum! I can not wait to try this! Sounds amazing.
I made this when we had “breakfast” for dinner and it was a huge hit! Not a single bite was left over.
This is the ultimate comfort food! Sooo delicious! Thank you soo much for sharing!
so dang good! Love this!