Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip Recipe
Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip is creamy, flavor packed, and highly addictive! Made with only 4 simple ingredients, you can mix up this budget friendly dip in no time flat. Make it an hour before the party starts to have a dip that’ll disappear before the last guest even arrives!
Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip
It’s party season! Well, at least in my house it is! Summer’s here, which for me, means it’s time for pool parties, beach trips, girls nights, block parties, cookouts… I mean, the list is truly never ending. In the mix of all of those crazy days, I can easily get overwhelmed in my kitchen. It’s all too easy to start feeling like you have to constantly impress friends and family with intricate recipes.
That’s why I like to depend on this Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip! When I say this dip is tried and true, I absolutely mean that. It’s a simple combination of sour cream, ranch dressing mix, bacon bits, and shredded cheddar cheese. Those are 4 ingredients that added to anything will make it better, and combined make for one seriously satisfying bite! Pile a portion of Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip on a salty pretzel, cracker, or chip and you’ll see what I mean.
Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip is too good to just have one bite of, too… So you may want to double (or even triple) this recipe if you plan on serving it to a crowd. Oh, and if the party you’re headed to or hosting includes beer? You’ll really need to bump up the serving size, because this dip goes oh so well with beer! Don’t worry, it pairs just fine with any other drink too, with or without alcohol. Honestly, I think bacon, ranch, and cheddar pair well with just about everything!
While potato chips, crackers, and pretzels are my dippers of choice, you can also just eat Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip with a spoon. Just kidding… Kind of!
Ingredients for Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip
- SOUR CREAM – 16 oz sour cream
- RANCH – 1 oz packet ranch dressing mix
- BACON – 3 oz packet bacon bits
- CHEDDAR CHEESE – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip
MIX. Mix all of the ingredients together.
CHILL. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving! It’s even better if you make it the day before.
SERVE. Great with chips, crackers, and pretzels.
Easy to make and even easier to eat way too much of, this Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip is the best party appetizer you can make in minutes!
In an airtight container in the fridge, Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip will stay fresh for up to 4 days. Make sure the container is truly airtight, or your dip may form a film and spoil quickly.
Variations to Try
While I love this super simple party dip just the way it is, there are a few ways you can customize it to best fit your tastes!
- For the bacon bits, you can fry them yourself if you’d prefer! If you choose to make your own bacon, make sure it’s fried up until crispy and fully drained and patted down before mixing into the dip. That way, you don’t have excess grease and bacon fat ruining the consistency of the dip.
- You can also choose to shred your own cheddar cheese instead of buying pre-shredded cheese. There will be a slight change in consistency, but that’s about it. I prefer using the bag of pre-shredded cheese because it saves me a little time.
- Drizzle some hot sauce or buffalo sauce on top for added heat!
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 oz packet ranch dressing mix
- 3 oz packet bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving or it’s even better if you make it the day before.
- Great with chips, crackers, and pretzels.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g