Peanut Butter Blossoms
These chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms are extremely addictive.
Nothing beats the best peanut butter cookie except a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate Kiss candy on it.
It’s the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter.
Plus they are super cute and miniature that you have to eat at least 10!
I love that these peanut butter blossoms are so simple to make and even more delicious to eat.
I make these all the time for parties and they always go so FAST.
OH…and if you’re like me, be prepared to eat a lot of extra Hershey’s Kisses when unwrapping each one!
PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM INGREDIENTS
● ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
● BAKING SODA: 1 teaspoon baking soda. Make sure your baking soda is no more than 3 months old. If your using old baking soda, the cookies won’t rise properly and will be FLAT.
● SALT: 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
● SUGAR: 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. You will also need about another 1/2 cup of granulated sugar for rolling the cookie dough into.
● BROWN SUGAR: 1/2 cup of light or dark brown sugar.
● BUTTER: 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter. If you don’t have salted butter, I would add about 1/2-1 teaspoon of salt. Also, make sure your butter is at room temperature. If your butter is TOO WARM, it will also result in cookies that will SPREAD. So the best thing to do is let the butter sit out on the counter for at least 1 hour before you start baking and it will be perfect!
● PEANUT BUTTER: 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter.
● EGG: just 1 large egg.
● MILK: 2 Tablespoons of milk.
● VANILLA EXTRACT: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
● HERSHEY KISS CANDIES: You will need about 24 unwrapped Hersey Kiss Candies.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
To make these Peanut Butter Blossoms, simply:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
STEP 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
STEP 2: Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
STEP 3: Add peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla; mix together until combined.
STEP 4: Using a spatula, stir in flour mixture until dough forms. DO NOT OVERMIX!
STEP 5: Scoop dough and shape into balls. Place about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar into a small bowl, roll dough balls into sugar. Place dough balls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
STEP 6: Remove cookies from the oven. Place one unwrapped Kiss chocolate candy on top of each cookie and press lightly. Let cookies cool completely on wire rack before enjoying!
BAKING TIPS & FAQ’S
WHY DOES MY HERSHEY KISSES MELT? Before you start baking, make sure you unwrap about 24 Hershey Kisses. Place them in a small bowl and place them in the freezer. Freezing the Kisses will help them keep their shape and not melt completely when you put them on top of the cookies when they come out of the oven.
MY COOKIES SPREAD? If you overmix the cookie dough, your cookies will spread. Meaning, when you mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, only mix them together until just combined…you should still see some flour in your mixing bowl.
CAN YOU FREEZE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIES? YES! You can make the dough ahead of time and freeze the dough. If I’m going to freeze the cookie dough, I still scoop them into balls and roll them in the sugar and then when I’m ready to bake them, I can just place them right on the cookie sheet. If you want to freeze already baked cookies, you can do that too.
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
MIXER: I love my KitchenAid Mixer, I use it for everything. Makes baking so much easier!
COOKIE SCOOP: A cookie scoop is a must to make sure that all the cookies are the same size. For these cookies, I used the 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop.
BAKING SHEET: You will need a large 16×11 inch baking sheet.
SILICONE BAKING MAT OR PARCHMENT PAPER: If you don’t have a silicone baking mat…YOU NEED ONE!
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
FUNFETTI PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus additional sugar for rolling
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened, 1 stick
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Kiss chocolate candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla; mix together until combined.
- Using a spatula, stir in flour mixture until dough forms. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Scoop dough and shape into balls. Place about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar into a small bowl, roll dough balls into sugar. Place dough balls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven. Place one unwrapped Kiss chocolate candy on top of each cookie and press lightly. Let cookies cool completely on wire rack before enjoying!
- STORE: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.
We always make these blossom cookies at the holidays!
Nothing beats a good classic holiday cookie! These are fabulous!
Definitely a must have during the holidays. One of my favorite cookies.
These are seriously the best cookies! They are soft & the combination of peanut butter & chocolate is so delicious!
These are such a great classic cookie!
I have a recipe very similar to yours but my cookies would come out flat all the time. Your tips and lower oven temperature turned my cookies into beautiful gems. Thank you! I’ll offer a tip of my own…instead of fussing with the unwrapping of Hershey Kisses I buy chocolate rosettes. They look pretty with their twirly design.
These are definitely some of my favorite cookies. What a great tips, too. Happy New Year, Jenn!
Our family always makes peanut butter blossoms for Christmas! Yours look perfect!
I don’t know why these are connected to Christmas but that seems to be when I make them! They are delish!
i make these every year, and i’m definitely going to use your tip about using a spatula to stir, not a mixer! happy holidays 🙂