Trust me when I say, this is the BEST pumpkin dip you’ll eat this year! It’s light, quick, easy, and most importantly – delicious. Perfect for serving at your next Thanksgiving party (will those be a thing this year?).
EASY PUMPKIN PIE DIP
In case you missed it, pumpkin season is here. EVERYWHERE is pumpkin EVERYTHING and it’s all glorious and delicious. I love pumpkin flavor and pumpkin spice and I consider it all tasty and nice (see what I did there?!).
I love this pumpkin dip because sometimes…I just want something that’s a bit “lighter” and quick and easy. While it would be entirely possible for me to eat a piece of pumpkin pie each and every day… I like having this pumpkin pie dip on the back burner for my snacking needs.
RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN DIP
The best part of this recipe? It’s always a hit when I make it and take it to fun parties as well! It’s a real crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves that pleasant pumpkin taste and can’t wait to have another bite! (But please, no double dipping! There’s more than enough to go around!)
If you are looking for a quick and easy pumpkin dip that’ll steal the show, this is one you won’t want to miss. I always say it’s a good idea to have a practice “test” before making the real deal for others, so have fun “making and tasting” your way to pumpkin dip perfection!
Scroll down below for the full recipe for pumpkin dip!
TOOLS TO HELP YOU
- MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls, they’re so durable and the colors are so fun! (We all need more color in today’s world, don’t you think?)
- SPATULA: Everyone needs a GOOD spatula and this one is my favorite. It’s ergonomic and heat resistant – I’m OBSESSED with these!
- DIP BOWL: I love a cute chip and dip serving set! These work so well for parties.
PUMPKIN DIP INGREDIENTS
For this pumpkin dip, you’ll need these easy ingredients:
- PUMPKIN: you’ll need 100% pure pumpkin for this recipe!
- SUGAR: we used powdered sugar for this pumpkin dip.
- CREAM CHEESE: make sure to soften your cream cheese first!
- CINNAMON: ground cinnamon adds a delicious flavor to this dip!
- COOL WHIP: we also used thawed cool whip for the creamy dip texture.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN DIP
Scroll down for a step-by-step printable pumpkin dip recipe!
- MIX INGREDIENTS: use a stand mixer to beat the pumpkin and then add powdered sugar, cream cheese, and ground cinnamon; beat until smooth and creamy.
- ADD COOL WHIP: fold in the cool whip topping and place in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- SERVE AND ENJOY: serve your pumpkin pie dip with fruit slices or graham crackers and enjoy!
CAN I USE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING?
Yes. I recommend using 100% pure pumpkin if possible, however. If you use pumpkin pie mix, just don’t add the ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice because the pumpkin pie mix already has it in it.
HOW LONG DOES CREAM CHEESE TAKE TO SOFTEN?
Not long! About an hour before you plan on making this pumpkin dip, take the cream cheese out of the fridge and set it out on the counter to soften.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH PUMPKIN PIE DIP?
Serve this dip with apple slices, pear slices or graham crackers. Or if you’re like me, I could just eat this dip with a spoon!
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
MORE DIP RECIPES:
If you have tried this Pumpkin Dip recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 package cream cheese, softened, 8 ounces
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tub Cool Whip topping, thawed, 8 ounces
- apple slices, pear slices, graham crackers, for dipping
- Using an electric or stand mixer, beat the pumpkin, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and group cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in cool whip topping. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with apple slices, pear slices, graham crackers. Enjoy!
- I recommend using 100% pure pumpkin if possible, but if you use pumpkin pie mix, just don’t add the ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice because the pumpkin pie mix already has it in it.
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The whole family loved this. We used graham crackers and apples. I will certainly make this again. Thanks for the great recipe.
Thank you so much for this amazing pumpkin dip recipe! Will surely have this again, fam really loves it! Highly recommended!
This pumpkin dip was so delicious and creamy. Apples and pumpkin spread were just the treat I needed!!
Such a fantastic dip recipe! This will be a hit at this year’s Halloween party, indeed!
This dip is so fluffy and delicious! I love it with ginger cookies!
I am so excited to make this for a fall party! I know everyone will love it!
Made this for an afterschool snack. Was delicious with apples and pretzels!
Have you ever tried freezing it to serve later? We had so much leftover and wanted to try to freeze and save for Christmas!
I have froze this dip before! The day before my party I just put it in the fridge to let it thaw and it was perfect by the party the following afternoon!!!
I love easy pumpkin dips during the holidays. Great party appetizer!
Now this is right up my alley.
I love this dip! So delicious and addicting 🙂
This was a huge hit at our neighborhood party and SO easy to make!
This dip is so delicious – and so easy! Our new favorite fall treat!
Can I use fresh pumpkin puree? Does it have to be canned? I ask because I just bought some fresh pumpkins from the farm and plan on making puree with them. Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can use fresh! 🙂
When I make it I use Molly Cool whip. canned. pumpkin pie puree and. pumpkin pie spice , it’s lighter but just as good !!
how far in advance can I make this and keep it in the fridge? I ask because I have three consecutive days of family thanksgiving dinners and I’d like to make one big batch and bring 1/3 each night to each place. Will is be as good on the third night as it was on the first? Or am I better off making it fresh in the morning before leaving each night?
Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and it should be totally fine by the third night! 🙂
Have you tried using whipped cream in place of the cool whip??
I have never made this pumpkin dip with whipped cream. I’m not sure if the whipped cream would make this dip have a different texture, meaning it would be as light and fluffy.
What size can of pumpkin puree is used?
Great question, I used the 15 oz. can. Enjoy! 🙂
We absolutely loved your pumpkin fruit dip. We loved it so much we featured your recipe on our 13 Pumpkin Goodies to Serve at Your Wedding via The Temple Square Wedding blog. This blog post also has a pumpkin recipe contest associated with it – even though we featured your recipe, you can still enter our contest if you’d like! 🙂
Thanks so much for posting such a delicious recipe!! It’s delicious!
Oh, another great idea for pumpkin! Let the pumpkin fest begin!