Soft Sugar Cookies
If you are craving a cookie to knock your socks off, look no further than these Soft Sugar Cookies.
They seriously are the BEST sugar cookies around!
I love a good cookie. Depending on what type of cookie it is, the textures of it needs to vary.
For chocolate chip cookies, I like them ooey gooey soft.
For oatmeal cookies, I prefer them thin and crisp.
But for these sugar cookies? I honestly love them either way!
When I’m saying that these are the BEST sugar cookies, they are! They are melt in your mouth goodness that you literally can’t stop eating. (Trust me…that’s a good thing!)
With the holidays coming up, there’s no better time than now to perfect your sugar cookie baking skills.
This recipe will have you baking like a pro in no time and you’ll be granted the title “cookie queen/king” as well.
Wow your friends and family this season by bringing a plate, or two of these delicious sugar cookies to the next family function.
As soon as you set the plate down on the table, hands will be grabbing them left and right!
Bake an extra batch and leave them at home for you to enjoy later!
SUGAR COOKIES INGREDIENTS
To make these sugar cookies, you will need:
● ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: 2 1/2 cups of flour. It’s super important to measure the flour correctly. Too much or too little flour can change the consistency of the cookie.
● BAKING SODA: 3/4 teaspoon baking soda. Make sure your baking soda is no more than 3 months old. If your using old baking soda, the cookies won’t rise properly and will be FLAT.
● BAKING POWDER: just one teaspoon of baking powder. Again, make sure your baking powder is not too old or your cookies will come out FLAT and spread!
● SALTED BUTTER: 1 cup ( 2 sticks) of salted butter. If you don’t have salted butter, I would add about 1/2-1 teaspoon of salt. Also, make sure your butter is at room temperature. If your butter is TOO WARM, it will also result in cookies that will SPREAD. So the best thing to do is let the butter sit out on the counter for at least 1 hour before you start baking and it will be perfect!
● SUGAR: 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar. You will also need about 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, for rolling the dough balls in before baking them.
● EGG YOLKS: you will need 3 egg yolks. It’s very important that you separate the egg yolks, this recipe will NOT turn out if you use 3 whole eggs.
● VANILLA EXTRACT: just one teaspoon.
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR COOKIES
To make these Soft Sugar Cookies, simply:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
STEP 1: Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, and granulated sugar until combined.
STEP 3: Add egg yolks and vanilla extract.
STEP 4: Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
STEP 5: Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each, roll in sugar and place onto prepared baking sheet.
STEP 6: Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops of cookies start to crack. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack. Let cool completely on wire rack.
ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS
DON’T OVERMIX THE DOUGH: With almost all my cookie recipes, I always make sure to remind you to not OVERMIX the cookie dough. Meaning, when you mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, only mix them together until just combined…you should still see some flour in your mixing bowl.
HOW TO SCOOP THE PERFECT COOKIE: I always use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop, each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 Tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use an ice cream scooper but you will only need 1 ice cream scoop of cookie dough.
★ And to make it super easier for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
WANT TO MAKE SUGAR CUT-OUT COOKIES: If your looking to make cut-out cookies, here is my recipe for the BEST Cut-Out Cookies.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING: These cookies are delicious plain but if you want to add frosting on top. Here is my recipe for the best Sugar Cookie Frosting.
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
MIXER: I love my KitchenAid Mixer, I use it for everything. Makes baking so much easier!
BAKING SHEET: You will need a large 16×11 inch baking sheet.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) SALTED butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, and granulated sugar until combined.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each, roll in sugar and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops of cookies start to crack. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- STORE: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
- FREEZING: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. To bake, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.