Pumpkin Pie Twists
If you are craving pumpkin flavors for your Fall taste buds, this Pumpkin Pie Twist recipe is perfect for your needs!
Fall is here! Fall is here! Fall is here! Psstt…did you know? Fall is here!
And with the lovely weather of Fall comes some of the best flavors around. I LOVE anything pumpkin.
If I could eat it for every meal, I would. (and honestly, who says I can’t? I’m an adult, right?!)
One of the latest and greatest pumpkin recipes that I’ve created are these Pumpkin Pie Twists.
I seriously cannot get enough.
They’re light enough to enjoy and not have the heavy feeling in your tummy and they’re easy enough that literally, anyone can make them.
Sounds like a winning combination of flavor and fun to me!
The next time you’re craving something pumpkin, but also something a bit different, give these Pumpkin Twists a go.
You’ll be hooked, just like me!
And now that “everything pumpkin” is in full swing, it’s the perfect time to make up a batch or two!
Have them in the morning with your coffee as a treat anytime throughout the day!
However you decide to have your pumpkin fix and eat it too is entirely up to you!
PUMPKIN PIE TWISTS INGREDIENTS
To make these pumpkin pie twists, you will need:
● CRESCENT ROLL DOUGH: one can (8oz) of original refrigerated crescent roll dough, you can use the buttery flavor too.
● PUMPKIN PUREE: 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, not PUMPKIN PIE FILLING.
● MELTED BUTTER: just 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter.
● PUMPKIN SPICE: the best part..I used about 3 teaspoons but feel free to use more!
● UNSALTED BUTTER: 1/4 cup but make sure it has softened to room temperature before you make the icing.
● CREAM CHEESE: you only need about 1/4 cup of cream cheese.
● POWDERED SUGAR: 1 cup of powdered sugar.
● VANILLA EXTRACT: just a 1/2 teaspoon.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE TWISTS
To make these easy Pumpkin Pie Twists, simply:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. Set aside.
STEP 1: Unroll crescent dough and lay down as 4 rectangles on prepared baking sheet.
STEP 2: Spread pumpkin onto 2 of the rectangles.
STEP 3: Place the other 2 rectangles on top of the pumpkin. Press edges together.
STEP 4: Brush melted butter on top of rectangles. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
STEP 5: Using a pizza cutter, cut both rectangles into 6 strips.
STEP 6: Twist each strip a few times and sprinkle with remaining pumpkin pie spice. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
MAKE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
STEP 7: In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
STEP 8: Fill a zip-lock bag with cream cheese icing, lock it shut and snip off a corner of the bag. Ice tops of each pumpkin pie twist and enjoy. Simply throw the bag away when finished.
ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS
PUMPKIN: Again…just a reminder, make sure you use 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
MAKE YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: All you need is, 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves. Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
CREAM CHEESE ICING: You might have some extra cream cheese icing leftover if you do you can put the leftover icing into a bowl and use it as a dip. Because you can never have enough cream cheese icing!
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
BAKING SHEET: You will need a large 16×11 inch baking sheet.
PIZZA CUTTER: Using a pizza cutter makes cutting the dough into strips so much easier.
PLASTIC SANDWICH BAG: I added the cream cheese frosting to a plastic sandwich bag, cut a small hole on one corner of the baggie and drizzled the icing on top of the pumpkin pie twists. Or you can just dunk each twists right into a bowl of icing…yummy!
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
PUMPKIN PIE TWISTS:
- 1 can (8 oz) crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and lay down as 4 rectangles on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread pumpkin onto 2 of the rectangles.
- Place the other 2 rectangles on top of the pumpkin. Press edges together.
- Brush melted butter on top of rectangles. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut both rectangles into 6 strips.
- Twist each strip a few times and sprinkle with remaining pumpkin pie spice. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
MAKE CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Fill a zip-lock bag with cream cheese icing, lock it shut and snip off a corner of the bag. Ice tops of each pumpkin pie twist and enjoy. Simply throw the bag away when finished.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.