CHEESY RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE
This easy-peasy Cheese Ranch Chicken Recipe is the BEST weeknight dinner recipe! Chicken breasts smothered with a mixture of ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese, and mayo are baked to tender, juicy perfection in the oven in just half an hour.
Cheesy Ranch Chicken
Even the pickiest eaters at the table are going to gobble up this cheesy ranch chicken! It’s kid-friendly as can be and don’t worry, grown-ups love it too. This is one of those dinner recipes I turn to when the day seems longer than usual, I’m tired, and I want a good dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. It really helps that it’s not just an easy recipe, but that I also don’t have to barter with any little ones to eat it!
Also, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly dinner recipe that’ll satisfy your family, you’ve come to the right place. Made with just 5 simple and inexpensive ingredients, the most expensive ingredient in this recipe is the chicken itself, and that’s not too shabby! To keep your bank account happy and your plate full, make an inexpensive side dish like Air Fryer Asparagus to accompany your chicken.
The flavor in this baked chicken dish is truly mouthwatering. Too often, baked chicken can come out bland and lifeless if you don’t season it or cover it in a sauce. With that being said, the mixture of cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning mix, minced garlic and mayo that smothers this chicken makes it anything but bland!
More Sides to Enjoy with Cheesy Ranch Chicken
This chicken also plates perfectly with my favorite Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
Cheesy Ranch Chicken Ingredients
These 5 ingredients are all you need to bake the perfect chicken dinner!
- CHICKEN: 8 chicken breasts
- MAYO: 1 1/2 cup mayo
- GARLIC: 3 tbsp minced garlic
- CHEESE: 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- RANCH: 3 packets of ranch seasoning mix
How to Make Cheesy Ranch Chicken
Follow these simple, hassle-free steps and you’ll have a picky-eater approved chicken dinner on your table in just 30 minutes.
PREP. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
MAKE THE MIXTURE. In a medium bowl, mix mayo, garlic, shredded cheese and ranch seasoning together.
SPREAD. Spread mayo mixture on top of each chicken breast.
BAKE. Place uncovered into the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until completely cooked through and golden brown on top.
ENJOY! Serve immediately, and enjoy your new favorite easy chicken dinner!
Tips for the Best Cheesy Ranch Chicken
- Check the temperature of your chicken. After 30 minutes at 400°F, your chicken should be fully cooked. However, I like to play it safe when it comes to chicken! Stick a meat thermometer in the thickest part of one of the chicken breasts. If it reads at least 165°F, it’s fully cooked and safe to eat.
- Use regular mayo. For the best consistency, use full fat mayo, not low fat.
- Don’t over cook it. Once the chicken is fully cooked, don’t let it cook for any longer! You’ll risk burning the tops of the cheesy mixture and drying out the chicken meat.
- Use fresh garlic. While pre-minced garlic really isn’t all that bad, I find that I get way more flavor out of freshly minced garlic.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cup mayo
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 packets of ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix mayo, garlic, shredded cheese and ranch seasoning together.
- Spread mayo mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Place uncovered into the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until completely cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 1171mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.