Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Start the day off deliciously with this Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe! It’s made with simple and savory ingredients like Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, sausage, gravy, cheese, and more. It’ll take you under an hour from start to finish to bake this morning masterpiece and your whole family will LOVE it!
Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
I love a good breakfast recipe. While I do tend to lean towards the sweeter side with my morning recipes, this Easy Breakfast Casserole really satisfies all of my savory cravings. When I serve this sausage and biscuit casserole for a brunch party though, I usually do pair it with something sweet, like Funfetti French Toast Muffins… You know, for balance!
If your family is anything like mine, it can be a struggle to motivate them to hop out of bed in the morning. If I’m honest, it’s hard to motivate myself, too! With that being said, nothing makes feet hit the floor faster than the smell of this baking casserole. The aromas of the sausage, biscuits, cheese, and gravy are simply too intoxicating to sleep through.
This Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes doubles as a perfect start of the day for just the family and for brunch parties as well! If you have a breakfast potluck planned, even better! It serves up to 6 people, so it’s perfect for feeding a small crowd. And I mean really, who doesn’t love the combination of fluffy biscuits, seasoned eggs, savory sausage and gravy, and gooey cheese? It’s a real crowd pleaser!
An easy to make breakfast recipe that’s ready to eat in under an hour? This kid-friendly casserole checks all the right boxes!
Ingredients for Easy Breakfast Casserole
- BISCUITS – 2 (10 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- SAUSAGE – 1 pound pork sausage
- CHEESE – 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- EGGS – 7 eggs
- MILK – ½ cup milk
- SEASONING – Salt and pepper to taste
- GRAVY – 1 ( 12 ounce) jar of sausage gravy (you will use 1 cup of gravy)
How to Make East Breakfast Casserole
PREPARE. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
ADD THE BISCUITS. Cut biscuits into pieces and place on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
COOK THE SAUSAGE. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage until browned and crumbly, drain.
MAKE IT CHEESY. Scatter sausage over biscuit layer and top with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
ADD MOISTURE. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and pour over the cheese layer.
TOP IT OFF. Pour 1 CUP OF GRAVY over the egg layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top.
BAKE. Bake for 40 minutes, then serve immediately – and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Keep things easy on yourself by using store-bought ingredients! If you really want to make your own homemade gravy and biscuits, you can certainly do that, but I’ve found that the store-bought stuff tastes pretty dang delicious in this layered recipe.
- Pork sausage is my favorite sausage to use in this recipe, but you could opt for turkey or even a plant based alternative if you’d prefer.
- For a little added heat, consider adding some pepperjack cheese along with the cheddar! You can also serve your casserole with a little hot sauce on top if you like it hot.
Storing Easy Breakfast Casserole
Once baked, you can store this casserole in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Just make sure you cover it with foil or plastic wrap so it stays nice and fresh!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ( 12 ounce) jar of sausage gravy (you will use 1 cup of gravy)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cut biscuits into pieces and place on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage until browned and crumbly, drain.
- Scatter sausage over biscuit layer and top with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and pour over the cheese layer.
- Pour 1 CUP OF GRAVY over the egg layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 241mgSodium: 851mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g