CROCKPOT PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
If you’re looking for a recipe for crockpot pulled pork, this is a must!! So full of flavor, moist, and delicious – I guarantee this is the best pulled pork recipe you’ve ever tried.
EASY PULLED PORK RECIPE
What I really love about this crockpot pulled pork recipe, is how easy it is! You throw some stuff in a crockpot and walk away. Of course, you still have to shred it… but that just screams easy pulled pork recipe.
We live busy lives that get kind of crazy, and the last thing we want is to feel slaved in the kitchen at the end of a long day. Pulled pork in a crockpot is the perfect answer to that – prep it in the morning and by the time you return, it’s nearly ready to eat.
The flavor profile on its own is mouthwateringly delicious and it is the perfect juicy pulled pork! So much so, it’s a great crowd-pleaser recipe.
Friends and family will be thanking you all night if you serve this at your next party! I have to say, there aren’t very many recipes that are easier to serve to a crowd than this, too. It stretches far and wide and is a great make ahead type recipe.
CROCKPOT PULLED PORK INGREDIENTS
This recipe for pulled pork includes these easy ingredients:
- ONION: Onion is added for the perfect flavor in this pulled pork.
- PORK SHOULDER: The perfect meat for the best pulled pork recipe!
- PAPRIKA: Let’s call this the special ingredient – it’s one you don’t want to miss.
- SALT: The right amount of salt makes for the perfect pulled pork.
- PEPPER: Not too much is added in this recipe, just enough for some spice.
- WATER: Having the right amount of water is the secret to juicy pulled pork!
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT PULLED PORK
For the full recipe, scroll down for printable step-by-step directions.
- PREPARE: Slice the onion and put it on the bottom of your slow cooker and then lay the pork shoulder on top of the onions.
- SEASON: Sprinkle the paprika, salt, and pepper on top of the pork shoulder.
- COOK: Add the water and cook for 8 hours on low, or 4 hours on high.
- SERVE: Shred with a fork and serve on your favorite bun. Add coleslaw to the buns for an added touch. Enjoy!
CAN PULLED PORK BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! This is a great recipe that can be made ahead of time and in some, cases frozen and then reheated. In that case, you’ll want to bag it in gallon sized bags with extra juice to avoid it getting dried out during reheating.
HOW LONG DOES PULLED PORK LAST?
Pulled pork will last roughly 1-2 days in the refrigerator, and 6-8 months in the freezer. It’s a great recipe to make in bulk or for large crowds!
CAN PULLED PORK BE MADE WITH TENDERLOIN?
Yes! Pork shoulder is best, but it is also commonly made with tenderloin as well. Whatever meat you choose, make sure it’s made from a fatty cut.
HOW MUCH PULLED PORK DO YOU NEED FOR A CROWD?
As mentioned earlier, pulled pork is an amazing recipe for crowds. In order to do this, you’ll want to accommodate for 5 ounces of cooked meat per person. This winds up being about 3 people for every pound.
It’s important to note that you’ll lose about half your meat after it’s cooked as well. So if you have 10 pounds of meat, that will leave you with 5 pounds once it’s cooked. This would feed 15 people at a small gathering.
Also consider size of buns, how many kids vs adults you’ll be serving, etc.
Be sure to check out these pulled pork sides options!
- The Best Baked Beans Recipe
- Crispy Ranch Zucchini Fries
- The BEST Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
If you have tried this Crockpot Pulled Pork recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 onion
- 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- ½ cup water
- Slice the onion and put it on the bottom of your slow cooker
- Lay the pork shoulder on top of the onions
- Sprinkle the paprika, salt, and pepper on top of the pork shoulder
- Add the water and then cook on low for 8 hours, or cook on high for 4 hours
- Shred with a fork and serve on your favorite bun; add coleslaw. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 43g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.