Cucumber Tomato Salad
This cucumber tomato salad is PERFECT for summer! It’s light, healthy, and most importantly – delicious. It’s so full of flavor and sure to be a great side dish that everyone will love.
BEST CUCUMBER SALAD
This cucumber tomato salad just screams summer. It’s light, refreshing and the BEST side dish for any outdoor meal or BBQ.
There’s really no other word other than awesome to describe this cucumber tomato salad recipe. One of the best things about this recipe is that it has an amazing texture and taste. And when the vegetables are ripe and in season during the summer months, this salad recipe needs to be on your meal prep radar.
I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve taken this delicious salad to family gatherings or get-togethers and had a completely empty dish before I was even able to get a scoop! (that’s okay, it’s super simple to whip up in a jiffy to enjoy all on your own as well!)
TOMATO SALAD WITH FETA CHEESE
Oh and did I mention it has feta cheese? Something about feta cheese just goes PERFECT with summer salads. It is so delicious!
One tip I have is to make this ahead of time and let it marinate for a bit in the fridge. I recommend making it about 4 hours ahead of when you’re wanting to eat it so it’s nice and cool and crisp. There’s just something so awesome about that crunch and flavor of each and every bite.
Get ready to find a new favorite salad this summer! You’ll love the simplicity, texture, and taste of this delicious cucumber tomato salad!
CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD INGREDIENTS
For this cucumber salad recipe, you’ll need these easy ingredients:
- CUCUMBERS: it is a cucumber salad, afterall!
- TOMATOES: we love the little cherry tomatoes in this recipe!
- ONION: purple onions work best with the cucumber and tomatoes.
- DILL WEED: dill weed goes so good in this delicious summer salad recipe!
- FETA CHEESE: feta cheese is pretty much the BEST in this salad.
- VINEGAR: you’ll need both apple cider vinegar and balsamic vinegar for the dressing!
- OIL: just a bit of olive oil to bring the dressing together.
- WATER: a bit of water is needed to bring the dressing to the right consistency.
- PEPPER: just a dash of pepper for added flavor.
- SUGAR: a bit of granulated sugar to help balance out the dressing!
HOW TO MAKE A QUICK CUCUMBER SALAD
- PREPARE DRESSING: Start off by whisking together the vinegars, olive oil, water, pepper, and sugar; set aside.
- ADD VEGGIES: Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, dill weed, and cheese to a bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss until combined.
- SERVE: Top with feta cheese, dill weed, and salt/pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
DO YOU NEED TO PEEL CUCUMBERS FOR SALAD?
You absolutely can if you prefer, but you certainly do not have to!
HOW DO YOU CUT CUCUMBERS FOR A SALAD?
For a salad, I like to slice the cucumbers and then cut them into quarters. Nice and small does great in a salad!
CAN YOU MAKE THIS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! For best results, you should make this only a day ahead of time so the veggies will stay nice and fresh.
HOW LONG WILL CUCUMBER AND TOMATOES LAST IN VINEGAR?
They will stay good for about 2-3 days. This is best eaten within the same or next day!
WHAT SHOULD YOU SERVE WITH THE SALAD?
We love pairing this salad with sloppy joes, grilled chicken, steak, or hamburgers! They go so well together during the hot summer months.
Check out these other delicious salad recipes!
If you have tried this Cucumber Tomato Salad recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 6 cucumbers, quartered
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 purple (red) onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Whisk together the vinegars, olive oil, water, pepper, and sugar; set aside.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, dill weed, and cheese to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss until combined.
- Top with feta cheese, dill weed, and salt/pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
The cucumber tomato salad can be stored in the fridge for about 2-3 days. For best results, make it the day before so the veggies stay fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.