Cranberry Orange Bread
A delicious tart ‘n sweet Cranberry Orange Bread recipe perfect for breakfast or even dessert!
So when I went to the grocery store this week and saw the lady stocking the produce section with fresh cranberries.
I got super excited to make one of my favorite bread recipes, Cranberry Orange Bread.
And with Halloween tomorrow and Thanksgiving less than a month away…
What better way to kick off the Holiday season than to make cranberry orange bread.
Just the smell of this bread baking in the oven will get you into the Holiday spirit.
CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD INGREDIENTS
● FLOUR: 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
● SUGAR: 1 cup granulated sugar.
● BAKING POWDER: 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. Make sure your baking powder is not expired.
● BAKING SODA: 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Again, make sure your using a newly bought box of baking soda.
● SALT: just 1 teaspoon of salt.
● BUTTER: 1/4 cup unsalted butter.
● EGG: all you need is 1 large egg.
● ORANGE JUICE: 3/4 cup orange juice.
● CRANBERRIES: 3 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD
To make this Cranberry Orange Bread, simply:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP 1: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a fork or just your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
STEP 2: Add egg and orange juice to crumble mixture and mix until combined.
STEP 3: Fold in cranberries.
STEP 4: Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack.
ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS
FRESH OR FROZEN CRANBERRIES: You can use fresh or frozen cranberries in this recipe and to make it easier to chop the cranberries, I just put them into a food processor. Easy peasy!
DON’T LET IT BURN: Don’t let the top of your bread BURN! About half way through baking this bread, make sure to check that the top of the bread is not getting too brown and if it is just place a piece of aluminum foil over top of bread for the rest of the baking time to avoid burning the top of the bread.
FREEZE IT FOR LATER: Lastly, this cranberry orange bread freezes really well. You can freeze this bread up to 3 months when you are ready to enjoy let thaw completely before serving. So make a couple loafs ahead of time and you will have a delicious holiday breakfast or a last minute gift.
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls, they’re so durable and the colors are so fun!
BREAD LOAF PANS: These are the bread loaf pans that I used to make this cranberry orange bread.
SPATULA: Everyone needs a GOOD spatula and this one is my favorite!
MORE BREAD RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a fork or just your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add egg and orange juice to crumble mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.