Mint Oreo Truffles
Mint Oreo Truffles are easy to make chocolatey treats that always satisfy my sweet tooth! These decadent, minty chocolate truffles are made with 5 simple ingredients and a few hassle-free steps. They’ve got everything you’re craving in a sweet treat, and be warned… You can never have just one!
Mint Oreo Truffles
Picture this – you need to make something for that neighborhood potluck today that you forgot all about. You don’t want to run to the store, but you need something simple and delicious to bring with you that looks like you put real effort into it! What’s a home cook to do?
Make these quick and easy mint Oreo truffles, of course! They’re the most scrumptious no bake treats that are always a huge crowd-pleaser. After all, everyone loves Oreos, and everyone loves a good creamy Oreo mixture that’s dunked in chocolate and topped off with vibrant sprinkles. If you’re a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream or Thin Mint cookies, you’re going to LOVE these easy truffles.
The green sprinkles are there to emphasize the minty flavor of the truffles, but they’re also there just because of how stinking cute they are! Because of their green sprinkles, these truffles make adorable St. Patrick’s Day sweets. If you’re a mint lover like me, serve these (with your green beer, of course) at your St. Paddy’s Day block party!
Ingredients for Mint Oreo Truffles
MINT OREOS: 1 regular package of Mint Oreos.
CREAM CHEESE: 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese. Make sure the cream cheese is softened before mixing.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 1 (24 oz.) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
CHOCOLATE BAKING BAR: 1 (12 oz.) bar of a semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
SPRINKLES: green sprinkles for topping. They’re technically not necessary, but… yes they are!
How to Make Mint Oreo Truffles
To make these easy Mint Oreo Truffles, simply:
PREPARE. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
PROCESS THE COOKIES. Using a food processor, process the Oreos (the entire cookies) until cookies are crumbly.
CREATE THE CREAMY MIXTURE. Using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese and chocolate chips until combined.
ROLL THE BALLS. Using your hands, roll the Oreo mixture into 30 balls. Place the balls onto prepared baking sheets. Freeze the Oreo balls for about 30 minutes.
MELT. Melt chocolate baking bars according to the package directions.
MAKE THEM CHOCOLATEY! Working with 1 Oreo ball at a time, coat in chocolate. Place on a lined baking sheet and top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
CHILL. Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be kept chilled.
Tips for the BEST Mint Oreo Truffles
- When crushing the mint Oreos in the food processor, you want to add the whole cookie, the filling, and the cookie part. The mint filling from all the Oreo cookies are what gives these truffles their delicious mint flavor.
- Freezing the Oreo balls is a MUST! Do NOT skip this step! If you do not freeze the Oreo balls, then the melted chocolate will not stick to the ball. So after you have rolled them into balls, make sure to place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes before dunking them into the melted chocolate.
The Best Way to Coat Oreo Balls in Chocolate
Tip: I like to use Ghirardelli baking chocolate for these truffles. Do NOT use chocolate chips, they will NOT coat the Oreo balls properly.
Without further ado, here is the easiest way to coat your truffles:
DROP: Drop the Oreo ball in the middle of the melted chocolate.
COAT: Coat the chocolate all over the Oreo ball with a fork.
PICK UP: Pick up the Oreo ball with a fork – do not pierce it, simply pick it up on top of the fork’s prongs.
TAP AND SPRINKLE: Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet. Top with green sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- 1 package Mint Oreos
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (24 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- green sprinkles
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, process the Oreos (the entire cookies) until cookies are crumbly.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese and chocolate chips until combined.
- Using your hands, roll Oreo mixture into 30 balls. Place balls onto prepared baking sheets. Freeze the Oreo balls for about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate baking bars according to package directions.
- Working with 1 Oreo ball at a time, coat in chocolate. Place on a lined baking sheet and top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be kept chilled.
*Store truffles in a closed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Truffles can be frozen for up to 3 months, when ready to enjoy just thaw them in the fridge.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.