THE BEST APPLE BREAD RECIPE
It’s fall already, which means it’s time to sink your teeth into some delicious homemade Apple Bread! And yes, this really is the BEST apple bread recipe ever – I promise! It’s a quick bread recipe that yields the moistest, richest results every single time. Plus, spiced apple flavor is present in each bite!
The Best Apple Bread
Apples. Cinnamon. Quick bread. I mean, what else do you need to hear?! This recipe has it all! I love quick bread recipes, because you can have a loaf of perfectly baked sweet bread in under an hour. No rise time required! It’s super simple to make, however, you’d never know that by tasting it. It’s SO delicious!
Let’s talk about just how fall-inspired this bread is, shall we? It’s loaded with autumnal ingredients like cinnamon, brown sugar, and of course plenty of dried apples! The apples are a perfect addition to this sweet bread recipe not just because of the flavor they provide, but also because they help the bread stay nice and moist.
I’m usually a big sucker for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread this time of year, but lately all I’ve been craving this apple bread! I think it’s because Starbucks got that new apple crisp drink, and now it’s pretty much all I think about. If you also love the flavor of warm spiced apples, then you’ll be just as smitten as I am with this quick bread!
Apple Bread Ingredients
- EGGS – 2 large eggs
- BROWN SUGAR – 1/2 cup brown sugar
- GRANULATED SUGAR – 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- VEGETABLE OIL – 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- VANILLA EXTRACT – 4 tsp vanilla extract
- APPLES – 2 cups apples, diced (no need to peel the apples)
- FLOUR – 2 cups all-purpose flour
- SALT – 1 1/2 tsp salt
- BAKING POWDER – 1 tsp baking powder
- CINNAMON – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
How to Make the Best Apple Bread
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9X5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
BEAT. Beat eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
ADD THE APPLES. Add apples and mix.
MIX. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
COMBINE THE MIXTURES. Add to the apple mixture and stir just until evenly combined into a thick batter.
POUR. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan.
BAKE AND COOL. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cover loaf pan with aluminum foil; continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes more. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Tips for the Best Apple Bread
- When you prepare your loaf pan, do so with melted butter or a butter cooking spray! That way, the edges of the bread taste nice and buttery.
- Use any apple you’d like. My favorite to use in this bread recipe is Granny Smith, as the natural tartness of those apples tend to balance wonderfully with the sweetness of the rest of the ingredients.
- For even more autumnal flavor, consider adding a pinch of nutmeg or even apple pie spice to the batter.
- I love this bread just as it is, but it’s also tasty when served with a drizzle of sweet vanilla icing or caramel sauce.
If you’re a quick bread lover like I am, be sure to also make a loaf of Blueberry Banana Bread! I also can’t get enough of my tried and true Glazed Peach Bread. If you’re still in the autumn mood though, then you need to make Pumpkin Sweet Potato Bread!
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples, diced (no need to peel the apples)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Add apples and mix.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Add to the apple mixture and stir just until evenly combined into a thick batter. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cover loaf pan with aluminum foil; continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes more. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g