Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
This is easily the best pumpkin bread recipe EVER! Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is the best combination of pumpkin and chocolate that you’ll be craving all year long.
PUMPKIN BREAD WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips will make you crave the combination of pumpkin and chocolate all year long! Even though Fall means pumpkin, I tend to think that pumpkin up with chocolate is a better idea than eating it alone.
Isn’t everything better with chocolate? My vote is yes.
This pumpkin bread recipe is no exception. It’s one of those foods that is like a total surprise for your taste buds and in a very, very, very good way. While the bread is baking, you smell the pumpkin and get excited to try to the first bite. But when you taste that first bite and get the perfect bite-sized goodness of pumpkin and chocolate…nothing else will matter.
BEST PUMPKIN BREAD
What I love most about this pumpkin chocolate chip bread is that it is EXTREMELY versatile. It’s perfect for a cool fall or winter morning, with a nice hot cup of coffee or just as delicious served as a dessert after dinner, paired up with a dollop of whipped cream.
No matter how you decide to treat your taste buds with this delicious bread, do it and do it often. It’s okay to spoil yourself every now and then!
Now, let’s get to the BEST pumpkin bread recipe, shall we?
PUMPKIN BREAD INGREDIENTS
For this pumpkin chocolate chip recipe, you’ll need these ingredients:
- FLOUR: We definitely need flour for a bread recipe, this is where it starts!
- BAKING SODA: Just a bit of baking soda for that consistency we need.
- CINNAMON: A bit of cinnamon really gives it some delicious flavor.
- SALT: A dash of salt helps to balance everything out.
- EGGS: You’ll need some eggs, make sure to beat them well!
- VEGETABLE OIL: The oil helps pull this recipe together.
- PUMPKIN: Use 100% pure canned pumpkin, NOT pie filling!
- SUGAR: A bit of sugar to sweeten up your pumpkin bread a bit.
- PUDDING: The pudding helps create a spongey and moist consistency for our bread!
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Top it off with some chocolate chips for that delicious taste and texture.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
Scroll down for the step-by-step printable recipe!
- PREP: Start off by preheating the oven to 375F. Spray two 9-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- MIX DRY INGREDIENTS: Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- MIX WET INGREDIENTS: Using an electric mixer, combine the eggs, oil, and pumpkin. Add the sugar and dry pudding; mix until combined.
- COMBINE: Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- BAKE: Bake in the oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool completely before removing from the pans. Enjoy!
WHY IS MY PUMPKIN BREAD DRY?
It’s likely because the batter got overmixed! It’s super easy to overmix this pumpkin chocolate chip bread batter because the batter is on the “thinner side”. So it’s super important when adding the flour mixture to the wet ingredients to only mix until just combined. Meaning you will still see some flour in your mixing bowl. Overmixing is what leads to dense, dry, yucky bread!
CAN I USE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING INSTEAD?
Nope! Make sure you use 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
CAN YOU FREEZE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD?
You sure can! This bread freezes very well for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, place bread in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Then place the bread on your kitchen countertop for about 30-60 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature before slicing and enjoying.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- ELECTRIC MIXER: I love my KitchenAid Mixer, I use it for everything. Makes baking so much easier!
- MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls, they’re so durable and the colors are so fun!
- BREAD LOAF PANS: These are the bread loaf pans that I used to make this pumpkin bread.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
If you have tried this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 15oz. can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 3oz. pkg. cook and serve vanilla pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer mix together eggs, oil and pumpkin. Add sugar and dry pudding, mix until combined.
- Slowly, add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
- Makes 2 loaves.
- Cool completely, then wrap and store the whole loaf in the freezer for another time!
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is by far the BEST pumpkin bread I’ve ever had!! A friend made it for me and after tasting it, I asked for the recipe. Now I’m making it for the family. Excellent!! Thank you
Ok, you’re right, this is the absolute best! And I’ve tried a lot of recipes!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
This recipe was amazing the bread turned out super moist and my house smells divine the best fall dessert!!
This pumpkin bread sounds heavenly and I’ve always loved the combination of both pumpkin and chocolate! Such an addicting and delicious recipe. Can’t wait to make this throughout fall!
So moist and delicious. I look forward to making this every Fall.
My son asked this to go on our weekly rotation for after-school snacks. He LOVES it!
The pudding mix makes this pumpkin bread so YUMMY! This time around I made it with chocolate chips, but I also want to try it with cinnamon chips.
Oh wow! What a beautiful bread and so delicious! My family and I really enjoyed this bread during the fall, and the kids love bringing this as a snack for school! Can’t wait to make this again soon!
This is a great recipe. I appreciate all the extra baking tips.
I’m all set for pumpkin season! Can’t wait to make this because it looks so moist and delicious!
My family loves this!!
Yum!! I love the addition of chocolate chips! This is so soft & has the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor!
One of my all time favorite breads to make in the fall! It’s so delicious!
This is so perfectly moist and tender, yummy!
Hi! When using the cook and serve pudding am I actually making the pudding or just putting the powder in? Can I use instant pudding ? Thanks !
Just the powder. 🙂
I may be years late to this post and this recipe but I just made it as a Valentine’s Day treat and it is the best pumpkin bread! I loaded up with way more chocolate chips than the recipe calls for but then again…I always do.
I love your bread recipe, I have been making it for a few years now. I am wondering if you can make these in regular sized cupcake pans instead? and if so how long would I cook them? Thanks in advance!
Awww, so glad you love it! It’s one of my favorites. I would bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes. Let me know how they turn out! 🙂
I made this bread for breakfast treats at work and my co-workers DEVOURED it! They asked if it could be my week for treats every week. Thanks for a delicious and easy to make recipe! I will definitely be making this yummy bread again!
I didn’t eat Pumpkin regularly, but after watch your delicious recipe now I must need to taste that. I must make it upcoming valentines day for my girlfriend and hope she will surprise. Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe.
I have been looking for a good recipe to try around this time of the season and I have found one! I am sure everyone is going to love this.
Can you substitute instant pudding instead of cook and serve?
I have never tried using instant pudding instead of cook and serve, so I’m not sure if you can substitute it.
This bread is so gorgeous. I haven’t even purchased a can of pumpkin yet this year and that is tragic. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe 🙂
It’s so delicious. Just pin this post.
Well you girls are too sweet! I love pumpkin bread and then you went and put chocolate in it?! Yes please!
Pinned! This looks absolutely fantastic – gorgeous pics!
So confession: I haven’t made a single pumpkin thing so far and it’s already halfway through September. I need to change that ASAP! You bread looks FAB and the perfect way to celebrate the season and Megan’s new arrival!
I love pumpkin bread so much and the chocolate chips totally make it here! Pinning 🙂