Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread will make you crave the combination of pumpkin and chocolate all year long!
Even though Fall means pumpkin, I tend to think that pumpkin up with chocolate is a better idea than eating it alone.
Isn’t everything better with chocolate? My vote is yes.
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is no exception. It’s one of those foods that is like a total surprise for your taste buds and in a very, very, very good way.
While the bread is baking, you smell the pumpkin and get excited to try to the first bite…but when you taste that first bite and get the perfect bite-sized goodness of pumpkin and chocolate…forget about it.
Nothing else will matter at that moment.
What I really love about this pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe is that I can make it knowing that it’s extremely versatile. I
t’s perfect for a cool fall or winter morning, with a nice hot cup of coffee or just as delicious served as a dessert after dinner, paired up with a dollop of whipped cream.
No matter how you decide to treat your taste buds with this delicious bread, do it and do it often. It’s okay to spoil yourself every now and then!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
● FLOUR: 2 cups all-purpose flour
● BAKING SODA: 1 teaspoon baking soda. TIP: Make sure your baking soda isn’t too old.
● GROUND CINNAMON: just 1 teaspoon.
● SALT: 1/2 teaspoon salt.
● EGGS: 5 large eggs.
● VEGETABLE OIL: 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
● PURE PUMPKIN: 1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin.
● SUGAR: 2 cups granulated sugar.
● SALT: just a 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
● VANILLA PUDDING MIX: 2 (3 oz.) packages cook and serve vanilla pudding.
● CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
To make this pumpkin chocolate chip bread, simply:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
STEP 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer mix together eggs, oil and pumpkin. Add sugar and dry pudding, mix until combined.
STEP 3: Slowly, add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture.
STEP 4: Fold in chocolate chips.
STEP 5: Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
STEP 6: Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS
DO NOT OVER MIX: It’s super easy to overmix this pumpkin chocolate chip bread batter because the batter is on the “thinner side”. So it’s super important when adding the flour mixture to the wet ingredients to only mix until just combined. Meaning you will still see some flour in your mixing bowl. Overmixing leads to dense, dry, yucky bread!
PUMPKIN: Just a reminder, make sure you use 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
FREEZE IT: This bread freezes very well for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, place bread in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Then place the bread on your kitchen counter top for about 30-60 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature before slicing and enjoying.
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
ELECTRIC MIXER: I love my KitchenAid Mixer, I use it for everything. Makes baking so much easier!
MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls, they’re so durable and the colors are so fun!
BREAD LOAF PANS: These are the bread loaf pans that I used to make this pumpkin bread.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (3oz.) pkg. cook and serve vanilla pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer mix together eggs, oil and pumpkin. Add sugar and dry pudding, mix until combined.
- Slowly, add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0