Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sweet’N Low for Socialstars. All opinions are 100% my own.
I’m so excited because it’s finally my favorite time of year! Not only because I get bake a ton of delicious holiday treats, but everywhere I go I can get my favorite drink which is peppermint hot chocolate. I love the peppermint hot chocolate from McDonalds (check out the picture I shared on Instagram last year of me and my favorite drink!), it’s so good. I think I went there almost everyday last year just to get a hot chocolate.
Well I won’t have to go out in the cold this year to enjoy my favorite drink because I can now make my own Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate. And the best part is that this delicious peppermint hot chocolate is guilt-free because I used Sweet’N Low and low-fat milk. And it’s super easy to make and perfect for a night in watching Christmas movies!
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✔ I used low-fat milk but you can also use 2 %, or whole milk but if you want to keep this drink “skinny” I would suggest using low-fat milk.
✔ You can top this peppermint hot chocolate with mini marshmallows like I did or you can add whipped cream and SPRINKLE with crushed peppermint candies, which is makes this drink super fun around the holidays.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THIS PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE:
CHEERS and I hope you and your family have a great Holiday season! ♥
- 1 ½ cups milk*
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet'N Low
- pinch of salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- mini marshmallows, for topping
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, heavy cream, salt and Sweet'N Low on medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate and peppermint extract. Continue stirring until the chocolate melts.
- Serve and top with mini marshmallows or a peppermint stick. Enjoy!
- You can use low-fat, 2%, or whole milk.
BAKING TOOLS I USED:
Make these Chocolate Chip Cookies to go along side this delicious peppermint hot chocolate!