Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread
No matter how bad it is for you, I just love bread. And, I especially love sweet bread with my morning coffee. This Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread is a perfect breakfast or snack option and it is super easy to make. Plus, it tastes so much better than what you would find on the shelves, anyways.
Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread
I love making my own bread. The sweet aroma of the bread rising fills the house and smells just like grandmas always used to. Not only is this recipe super easy, but it’s baking your own bread is so much better for you than the store-bought stuff.
ZUCCHINI BREAD INGREDIENTS
For this easy Zucchini bread recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
Flour, baking powder, and baking soda: All ingredients you need for fluffy, delicious bread that rises.
Sugar: A little bit of sugar makes this a delicious snack.
Lemon pudding mix: You will only need 1 package of lemon pudding mix
Salt: A little dab will do you.
Eggs: Farm fresh eggs are the best, but any large eggs will work.
Milk: If you want it a little more moist, use whole milk.
Vegetable oil: It’s kind of hard to make anything without a little oil.
Lemon juice and lemon extract: You can’t really get the lemon taste without a little lemon flavoring.
Shredded zucchini: You will need about 2 medium-size zucchini’s.
Poppy seeds: These are just the icing on the bread.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON POPPYSEED BREAD
Scroll down below for the printable step-by-step recipe
- Preheat: Preheat your over to 350F degrees. Then, spray two 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Shred zucchini: You can shred your zucchini with a food processor with a shredder attachment.
- Make the Dough: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl whisk eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice, and lemon extract together. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and then mix.
- Add zucchini and poppy seeds: Once you have made the dough, fold in the zucchini and poppy seeds.
- Bake Zucchini bread: Pour the zucchini mixture into your long pans. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
Is Zucchini Bread Good for You?
Let’s be honest; no it’s not really good for you. We could say, you are getting you’re serving of veggies, but the sugar and flour kind of outweigh the healthiness of the zucchini. However, baking your own bread of any kind is always healthier than buying store-bought. This is because you are not using any chemicals or preservatives. If you want to make this recipe healthier, consider using whole wheat pastry flour and Stevia sugar instead.
How Long Does Zucchini Bread Last?
Freshly baked zucchini bread will last 1-2 days if you just leave it on your counter. However, if you store it properly, it can keep well for almost a week.
How do You Store Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread?
Zucchini bread can be left on the counter for a couple of days or you can store it to maintain its freshness. There are two ways you can store your zucchini bread. You can store it in the refrigerator or you can freeze it.
Refrigerate Zucchini Bread
To maximize the life of your zucchini bread in the fridge, you will want to cover it with foil or plastic wrap and place it in a plastic ziplock bag. Then, put it in the refrigerator. The foil and plastic bag will keep your zucchini bread from drying out. It should last a week if you put it in the fridge this way.
Freeze Zucchini Bread
You can also freeze your zucchini bread for about 2 to 3 months. You will need to wrap it tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Then, you will place it in a plastic ziplock freezer bag and put it in your freezer.
MORE RECIPES TO TRY
Don’t stop at making zucchini bread. Check out our other delicious bread recipes!
- Banana Nut Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Streusel Cranberry Orange Bread
If you have tried this Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcake recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 nox instant lemon pudding mix, 3.4 oz.
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, about 2 medium sized zucchini's
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Shred two zucchini's using a food processor with shredder attachment.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Pour lemon mixture into dry ingredients and mix until JUST COMBINED! Do not OVER MIX!
- Fold in zucchini and poppy seeds.
- Pour zucchini bread mixture into prepared loaf pans and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Freshly baked zucchini bread will last 1-2 days if you just leave it on your counter. However, if you store it properly, it can keep well for almost a week.
- Yields 2 loaves, and nutrition is based on slicing each into 12 slices.
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This bread is absolutely the best I have ever tasted! Have made it five or six times in the past month or so and can’t get enough of it. Everyone that has tried it, just loves it! The lemon pudding in it is genius! I wonder how it would turn out if I put one cup of zucchini and one cup of fresh raspberries? Have you ever tried it? Thanks again for this wonderful recipe!
Was craving something lemony today and this hit the spot! Turned out perfectly moist and delicious; a great recipe for spring!
This lemon poppyseed zucchini bread is amazing. The perfect blend between two of my favorite breads. So yummy and easy to make!
This bread is amazing! Everyone I served it to asked for the recipe. I will make it over and over.
I am always looking for good quick bread recopies and I love this one. Mine turned out moist and delicious.
So yummy. And love the smell of this in my house while I’m baking 🙂
SO SO SO delicious! I was afraid I was going to overbake it, but it was perfect.
I’ve made this once and I’m making it again tomorrow morning. It’s safe to say after one batch I’m addicted! Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing.
I literally started having hunger pangs halfway through the post. It looks amazing and I bet it also tastes delicious too. It is the perfect dish to cook up in this season. I can’t wait to try it . Looking forward to reading more delectable recipes in the upcoming posts