Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Cups
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Cups are fruity, fun, and perfect for summertime! You only need three simple and inexpensive ingredients to assemble these adorable cups. They’re great to serve at backyard barbecues, pool parties, and everything else that’s fun under the sun!
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Cups
It’s hot outside, and you know what that means – it’s time to give the oven a break! I try to stay away from a preheated oven when it’s hot out as much as I can, and recipes like this help me do just that. You only need three store bought ingredients to make these cute cups, too! Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake, strawberries, and Cool Whip are easy to layer and even easier to eat!
While these trifle cups are super simple to make, they’re perfectly picturesque and always a crowd pleaser. They look just fancy enough to serve at your summertime gatherings, and everyone always loves them! Kids, grandparents, and friends of all ages can’t ever seem to get enough of these cups. Plus, they’re portioned just right so that everyone gets their own cup. Make a double batch if you need to, that way no one has to share!
Like I mentioned earlier, you only need three ingredients for this recipe, so it’s super budget friendly. I buy my pound cake from the frozen section at Walmart, where I can also snag Cool Whip and a carton or two of fresh strawberries. While I do love a good homemade recipe, let’s be honest – sometimes, no bake and dressed up store bought recipes are just the way to go.
Ingredients for Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Cups
- SARA LEE ALL BUTTER POUND CAKE – 1 Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake (found in the frozen section of your local grocery store)
- STRAWBERRIES – 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- COOL WHIP – 1 tub Cool Whip Topping
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Cups
PREPARE THE CAKE. Slice the pound cake and place it on a microwaveable plate. Microwave the slices for about 30 seconds.
CHOP THE INGREDIENTS. Chop up your fresh strawberries and cut the pound cake slices into cubes.
LAYER. Layer the cups with pound cake, Cool Whip, strawberries, then repeat!
Tips for the Best Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Cups
- Use fresh, not frozen strawberries! Even when they’re thawed, frozen strawberries won’t have the same juicy, fresh consistency that berries straight from the carton do. Plus, it’s summer, so the berries are still nice and ripe at the grocery store.
- You can swap the short cake for angel food cake or any other white/yellow cake if you’d like. However, I like the soft, buttery, yet sturdy consistency of the pound cake the best for these trifle cups.
- You can layer these cups however you’d like, but I recommend keeping the pound cake on the bottom layer! That way, it can absorb any of the strawberry juices that gather at the bottom of the cup.
Can I make these cups ahead of time?
Yes! Just make sure to keep them in the fridge and covered tightly with plastic wrap, that way they stay as fresh as possible. They’re best enjoyed within the first 12 hours of making them, but will stay good for up to 24 hours. Just keep in mind that the longer they sit, the whipped cream and strawberries will cause the pound cake to lose its consistency.
- 1 Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tub Cool Whip topping
STEP 1: Slice pound cake and place on a microwavable plate. Microwave slices for 30 seconds.
STEP 2: Chop fresh strawberries.
STEP 3: Cut pound cake slices into cubes.
STEP 4: Layer with pound cake, cool whip, strawberries, pound cake and top with more cool whip topped with some chopped strawberries.
*STORE: Store leftover trifle cups in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
This summer, make more of my favorite no bake dessert recipes! S’mores Cookie Dough Dip is always one of my go-to summer recipes, and I also really love Very Berry Ice Cream Pie. Oh, and of course I can’t forget to mention Easy Strawberry & Cream Popsicles, one of the best summer treats ever!