SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
If you’re on the hunt for the BEST easy slow cooker recipe – this ranch chicken recipe is a must! So moist, flavorful, and delicious. Not to mention it can be repurposed for lots of yummy easy weeknight dinner recipes!
RANCH CHICKEN RECIPE
One of my favorite things about chicken is how easy it is to repurpose into lots of different meals. Cook it, bake it, shred it – you can turn it into so many different dishes and stretch it even further!
This crock pot ranch chicken really is no exception. I love it on pasta and rice but man can it make lots of lunch and dinner recipes! Everything from salad to tacos to a late night snack like nachos!
The secret to this recipe though is the butter. Unsalted butter is the perfect amount of creamy goodness paired with the dry ranch packets. It is heaven soaked into the chicken! You’ll be running to this recipe again and again for all kinds of dishes!
The flavor profile is just subtle enough to be delicious with any meal! I tweaked this a few times to get it just right and I’m quite pleased with the result!
RANCH CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
For this crock pot ranch chicken, you’ll need these easy ingredients:
- CHICKEN: This recipe needs 4 medium-sized chicken breasts – washed and trimmed.
- RANCH: Dry ranch seasoning works best for this recipe!
- BUTTER: Butter is what really pulls this recipe together! We find unsalted butter yields the best results.
HOW TO MAKE RANCH CHICKEN
If you’d like to print off this recipe for later, just scroll down for the printable step-by-step recipe card!
- PREPARE: Start by placing your chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker and sprinkling the ranch over the top. Slice the butter and place evenly around your chicken breasts.
- COOK: Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
- SERVE: Serve over your favorite pasta or rice. Enjoy!
CAN YOU COOK FROZEN CHICKEN?
Yes. While you wouldn’t be able to properly trim the chicken first, you can safely cook it as long as it reaches 165 degrees at some point while cooking. To err on the side of caution, check the temperature prior to serving.
CAN I USE BOTTLED RANCH?
I suggest sticking to dry ranch if you can! Bottled ranch tends to water down the flavor and add extra oils so it will not yield the same result.
CAN I USE SALTED BUTTER?
Yes! Just note that it may create a saltier flavor profile in your chicken.
WHAT SHOULD I COOK WITH RANCH CHICKEN?
While pasta and rice are my personal favorites to go with this ranch chicken recipe, there are a number of other ways to serve this easy weeknight dinner!
You could try things like:
- Mashed potatoes
- Inside a baked potato
- In your favorite tacos
- On some easy nachos
- Roasted veggies and squash
- On top of a salad
There really are so many ways to use this recipe! You could even shred it and put it in a sandwich as well.
HOW LONG IS CHICKEN GOOD FOR?
You can safely enjoy this ranch chicken recipe for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. To further extend the shelf-life, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
Check out these other easy chicken recipes!
If you have tried this Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 4 chicken breasts, washed and trimmed
- 2 packets dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- Place chicken breasts on bottom of crockpot
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning over chicken. Slice butter and place evenly over chicken
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Serve over noodles or rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 150mg Sodium: 806mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.