THE BEST RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPE
This is hands down the BEST rice krispie treats recipe around!! They are gooey, sticky, and so delicious! Homemade rice krispie treats are a true treasure to enjoy and you won’t be able to eat just one!
HOMEMADE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
What I love about this rice krispie treats recipe is how easy they are to make! Something about rice krispie treats in the microwave make them so easy and fun to make. Simply stir everything together, microwave, pour in a pan, and enjoy.
COULD IT BE ANY EASIER??? Probably not.
If you’re making these for a party, celebration, or your kids classroom – you could even dazzle these up for more fun. You could dip them in melted chocolate, add some sprinkles, or even cut them into little trees for the holidays!
These are the BEST rice krispie treats and are the perfect base recipe to have around. I can’t tell you how often I seem to whip these babies up throughout the year! You are going to LOVE them!!
So much so – you probably won’t want to share. It takes a lot of self control to stop from eating the entire pan all by yourself! I mean… is there a better late night snack than these? Not really.
I can just imagine sneaking away from the kids to enjoy these delicious treats without sharing haha!!
Now if the family is actually insistent that you do share with them… you can always make extra so there’s plenty to go around. (Which trust me – you’ll want to do because these disappear in record time they’re so good!)
I guess we should get onto the recipe now, huh? Scroll down below for this delicious recipe so you can start making your own homemade rice krispie treats!
RICE KRISPIE TREATS INGREDIENTS
To make these homemade rice krispie treats, you’ll need these ingredients:
- BUTTER: For best results, you’ll need some unsalted butter for this recipe.
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS: This is the base of your recipe that brings these together!
- VANILLA EXTRACT: The vanilla adds the perfect flavor to these treats.
- ALMOND EXTRACT: Almond extract gives these the perfect sweet taste!
- RICE KRISPIES CEREAL: Of course you need the cereal, right?
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Scroll down for the printable step-by-step version of this recipe!
- PREPARE: Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside 1 cup of mini marshamallows.
- MELT BUTTER: In a large microwave bowl, melt the butter for 1 minute or until completely melted.
- MIX INGREDIENTS: Add remaining mini marshmallows, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir to coat marshmallows with the butter and then microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until completely melted.
- ADD CEREAL: Stir in the cereal and add the marshmallows previously set aside; stir well.
- POUR INTO PAN: Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Using the butter wrapper, press evenly into the pan.
- SERVE: Let cook at room temperature for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
CAN YOU USE SALTED BUTTER?
No. Salted butter will add a very odd taste to these rice krispie treats so unsalted works best.
CAN RICE KRISPIE TREATS BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
These are one of those treats that are best eaten fresh. I do not recommend making them ahead of time or freezing. You’ll want to eat these puppies up right away!
HOW DO YOU BEST STORE RICE KRISPIE TREATS?
For best results and to keep fresh, store in an airtight container on your counter. This will keep them good for up to 3 days. But they are so good I’m sure you’ll eat them up right away!!
Check out these other yummy marshmallow recipes!
If you have tried this Best Rice Krispie Treats recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1 (16 oz.) bag mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Spray a 9 x13 inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray or softened butter. Set aside 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 1 minute or until melted.
- Add the remaining mini marshmallows, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Stir to coat marshmallows with the butter. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in cereal. Add the 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Using the butter wrapper, press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- 6 cups in one 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 12 cups of mini marshmallows
- Set 2 cups of mini marshmallows aside
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.