EASY RANCH DRESSING RECIPE
This homemade ranch dressing is a must try! It’s creamy and made up of the perfect flavors – making for the PERFECT easy ranch dressing recipe! If you’re looking for a recipe for ranch dressing that you will love, I highly suggest giving this a try.
HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING
Homemade ranch dressing is quickly becoming a favorite around here. With the creamy texture, delicious flavor profile, and how easy of a recipe it is… I don’t think we will be buying store bought dressing for a while!
What I love almost as much as the flavor profile with this ranch dressing recipe, is how easy it is to put together!! You mix all the ingredients together and throw it in a mason jar or glass jar. It’s really that easy!!
While it’s a great ranch dressing with buttermilk, I understand not everyone has that ingredient or wants to rush out and buy an entire bottle of it. For your convenience, you’ll find instructions on how to make your own buttermilk with ingredients you already have near the bottom of this post (or you can click that link for a full post with step-by step directions!).
This recipe for ranch dressing is one you will be hanging onto for a while! It’s great to use as a dip at parties, pouring on your favorite salad, or even to be used in various recipes. There are so many things you can use ranch for.
HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING INGREDIENTS
For this easy ranch dressing recipe, you’ll need these ingredients:
- MAYO: Mayo is the perfect texture and taste for this delicious recipe for ranch dressing!
- BUTTERMILK: Buttermilk gives this ranch dressing the perfect amount of creamy and tang.
- SPICES: Spices are what really pull your ranch dressing together. We added parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, dill weed, pepper, and salt.
- VINEGAR: I added vinegar to this recipe to counteract with the creamy buttermilk, leaving the perfect taste profile for the ranch!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING
Scroll down below for the printable step-by-step recipe!
- MIX INGREDIENTS: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- SERVE: Pour into a mason jar or glass container and enjoy on your favorite ranch-worthy dishes!
CAN MAYO BE SUBSTITUTED FOR MIRACLE WHIP?
For this recipe, I do not suggest doing so. Miracle whip has a very distinct sweet flavor profile and may end up tasting a little off in the process. While miracle whip can be a great substitution for many recipe, I do not suggest it in this ranch dressing recipe.
CAN BUTTERMILK BE SUBSTITUTED?
No. It is necessary to make your ranch creamy and adds the perfect tangy flavor to your ranch! However, you can make your own buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a cup of whole milk and letting it sit for about 5-10 minutes to thicken up.
CAN RANCH DRESSING BE LEFT OUT?
Yes, but no. Since it’s made with buttermilk, it will spoil rather quickly just as with any other dairy product. I would suggest no more than 4 hours if left in cool room temperatures. If left in warmer temperatures, I suggest throwing it out after being left for 2 hours.
CAN YOU FREEZE RANCH DRESSING?
I do not suggest it. This recipe will stay good in your fridge for 2 weeks so I find there is not a need to freeze it. Unfortunately, dairy products do not thaw well and the quality of your homemade ranch dressing may suffer if frozen and thawed out.
Check out these other delicious ranch recipes!
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip
- Easy Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad
- Crispy Ranch Zucchini Fries
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
If you have tried this Easy Ranch Dressing recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour into a mason jar or glass container and enjoy for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe is best enjoyed refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- To make your own buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and allow it to sit for 10 minutes to thicken up.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 101 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 183mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.