THE BEST GREEK PASTA SALAD RECIPE
This is the BEST greek pasta salad recipe you will every try! It’s full of veggies and coated in a yummy dressing. PERFECT side dish for any occasion!
EASY PASTA SALAD RECIPE
This Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect accompaniment to any outdoor summer BBQ. You’ll be the hit of the party when you bring along this side dish!
Summer is almost here…and you know what that means? It’s time to start making all those outdoor BBQ plans!
While I love attending and hanging out with all my friends, I also love prepping and preparing side dishes to take as well. One of my favorite, no-fail hits is this Greek Pasta Salad recipe.
RECIPE FOR GREEK PASTA SALAD
Even though it has noodles in it, it still tastes so light and fresh! Plus, when you add in those sweet red onions and tasty black olives…seriously, so good!
Who says your salad even has to have lettuce in it?
And want in on a little secret? If you make this simple side dish a tad bit ahead of time, the flavors and dressing stand out even more! I’m not saying this is true…but I’ve been known to chow down on these leftovers for days after I’ve made this delicious dish.
Kick off the summer BBQ season right with this super simple and delicious Greek Pasta Salad. It’s certain to be the hit of the party!
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEK PASTA SALAD
For this easy greek salad recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- PASTA: for this pasta salad, we used tri-colored rotini pasta – it’s the best kind!
- CHEESE: crumbled feta cheese really brings the textures of this pasta salad together.
- TOMATOES: cherry tomatoes are perfect for pasta salad!
- CUCUMBERS: make sure you cut up the cucumbers nice and small.
- OLIVES: sliced black olives are delicious in this salad.
- ONION: purple onion works best in this recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEK SALAD DRESSING
For the salad dressing, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- OLIVES: kalamata olives are the perfect flavor for this dressing.
- GARLIC: just a bit of garlic is used in this dressing.
- OREGANO: oregano brings the seasonings together.
- LEMON JUICE: lemon juice helps balance out the acidity of this dressing.
- SALT AND PEPPER: just a dash of salt and pepper!
- VINEGAR: red wine vinegar adds the delicious taste to this dressing!
- OIL: of course, you need some extra virgin olive oil for the base of this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK PASTA SALAD
Scroll down for the full printable step-by-step recipe!
- PREP: start by cooking the rotini pasta in a large pot according to package directions; let cool.
- MIX DRESSING: in a small bowl or large measuring cup, mix kalamata olives, garlic, oregano, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, red wine vinegar, and extra-virgin olive oil; set aside.
- MIX SALAD: in a large bowl, add pasta, feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, and onions; add dressing and toss.
- SERVE: refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, enjoy!
CAN I MAKE THIS PASTA SALAD THE NIGHT BEFORE?
YES! That’s why I love making pasta salad for a party because you can make it the night before, which means less work on the day of the party!
HOW LONG WILL THE PASTA SALAD STAY GOOD FOR?
Typically, pasta salad will last at least 2 days. Sometimes, we eat it for 4-5 days but the tomatoes and cucumbers do start to get a little soggy.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER DELICIOUS SIDE DISHES!
- Pecan Crunch Salad
- Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- The BEST Baked Beans
If you have tried this Greek Pasta Salad recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
GREEK PASTA SALAD
- 3 cups tri-colored rotini pasta
- 1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumbers, chopped
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 purple onion sliced
GREEK SALAD DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook rotini according to the package directions. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix kalamata olives, garlic, oregano, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, red wine vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, and onions. Add dressing and toss.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.