Easy Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad
Allow me to toot my own horn for a minute, but this is the best broccoli salad EVER! You are going to absolutely love this delicious and super easy bacon ranch broccoli salad. SO GOOD!!
BEST BROCCOLI SALAD
Like I said, this broccoli salad recipe is the best thing ever. Does it really get better than bacon and ranch? Those are pretty much American staples, right?
Plus, it’s a great healthy lunch idea without sacrificing taste and flavor. Eating healthy can feel like a chore, but this is a great balance if you ask me!
BROCCOLI SALAD WITH BACON
This might not be your traditional salad, but it’s packed full of healthy and delicious veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and peas and to add some delicious flavor – BACON!! Can we say uh, YUM?!
What I really love, though, is that this is a cold broccoli salad recipe so it’s super easy to make. There’s no cooking included… just cut up veggies, mix in the dressing and let those flavors melt together perfectly easy.
Not only can this broccoli salad be enjoyed and eaten right away, I’ve found that once you have it prepared, it’s one of those recipes that seem to taste better the very next day once it’s had time to chill and rest.
BACON RANCH BROCCOLI SALAD INGREDIENTS
For this bacon ranch broccoli salad, you’ll need these easy ingredients:
- CAULIFLOWER: You can grab a head of cauliflower or find some prechopped to use for this recipe.
- BROCCOLI: One big bunch of broccoli will work perfect for this broccoli salad.
- GREEN ONIONS: We absolutely love green onions and they are a great addition to this dish.
- BACON: You can fry up some bacon and crumble them or grab some bacon pieces to use (I love these, you can find them by the salad dressing in your grocery store).
- PEAS: A bag of frozen peas is all you need for this one.
- CHEESE: We used colby jack for this recipe – cheese sticks make the prep super easy!
- SOUR CREAM: To make the dressing, use some of your best sour cream. It makes it so creamy!
- MAYO: Mayo balances out the dressing for the perfect taste and consistency.
- RANCH: Grab a packet of dry ranch seasoning mix for the dressing.
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI SALAD
Making this bacon broccoli salad is SOOOOO easy! Scroll down for the printable step-by-step recipe.
- PREP: Cut up the cauliflower and broccoli into small bite-sized pieces.
- MIX: In a large bowl, add cauliflower, broccoli, diced green onions, bacon, frozen peas and cubed colby jack cheese.
- ADD DRESSING: In a medium sized bowl, mix sour cream, mayo and ranch packet together. Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
WHAT KIND OF BACON IS BEST FOR THIS RECIPE?
You can fry up bacon or use bacon bits! Personally, I’m not a big fan of making bacon. So, to make things easy I love these Oscar Meyer Real Bacon Recipe Pieces. I used 2 (2.8 oz.) packages for this recipe.
WHAT KIND OF CHEESE SHOULD I USE?
Again, to make things easy. I used these Sargento Colby Jack Cheese Sticks and cut each stick into pieces to make small cubes. (But you can use a blocked cheese too if you’d like.)
CAN I MAKE THIS BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! This broccoli salad can be made the day before. I just add the cheese and bacon right before I’m ready to serve it, just so the bacon and cheese don’t get soggy/soft.
WHAT KITCHEN TOOLS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS?
For this recipe, we used these tools:
- SHARP KNIFE: It’s so important to have at least one really good knife. It makes chopping and cutting things so much faster!
- CUTTING BOARD: This is my all-time favorite cutting board!
- LARGE MIXING BOWL: This is the BEST large mixing bowl for mixing salads, casseroles..anything really.
- SERVING BOWL: Here is the white serving bowl I used to serve this broccoli salad.
Enjoy these other yummy salad recipes:
- Best BLT Pasta Salad
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Best Greek Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Pecan Crunch Grape Salad
If you have tried this Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 cup fried & crumbled bacon or 2 (2.8 oz.) packages real bacon recipe pieces
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen peas
- Colby jack cheese, cubed or 12 colby jack cheese sticks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Cut up cauliflower and broccoli into small bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower, broccoli, diced green onions, bacon, frozen peas and cubed colby jack cheese.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix sour cream, mayo and ranch packet together. Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.