EASY MEATBALL SLIDERS
If you love meatball subs, you are going to love these super easy meatball sliders! They are perfect for serving to a crowd during the holidays or as an appetizer superbowl recipe. Easy to whip up and so delicious to eat!
I’m a huge fan of slider recipes with hawaiian rolls and this is easily one of my favorites. You can use any kind of dinner roll you like, but these are my favorite. They are the perfect pair to spaghetti meatballs! If you have a big party coming up, you have to make a couple pans of these. They’re the perfect crowd-pleaser recipe that everyone will enjoy.
You’ll especially enjoy how easy they are to make since they use frozen meatballs. Heat your meatballs, layer your slider sandwiches in a dish, and bake! It’s so easy.
If you’re a cheese person like we are, you will be in heaven from the first bite of these! The perfect amount of cheese against the spaghetti sauce coated meatballs between dinner rolls? Oh I just know your mouth is watering already!
Now if you’re passed holiday menu planning, no worries! These meatball sliders would be perfect for an upcoming superbowl party too. They are the PERFECT gameday appetizer. They’re the ultimate comfort food and a real crowd pleaser.
Just be warned if you plan on having a house full of boys… you might want to make a couple pans of these (maybe even three to be safe!). Now, let’s get to the recipe, shall we?
MEATBALL SLIDER INGREDIENTS
For this easy slider recipe, you’ll need these simple ingredients:
- MEATBALLS: We used a bag of frozen meatballs to make this recipe super quick and easy.
- SPAGHETTI SAUCE: Just one jar of your favorite kind of spaghetti sauce – we love roasted garlic and herb. It goes so well with the meatballs!
- DINNER ROLLS: My absolute favorites are kings hawaiian as they really bring all the flavors together.
- CHEESE: You’ll need some parmesan as well as sliced provolone or mozzarella for this recipe!
- BUTTER: This is used as the base of the topping to spread over the rolls.
- SEASONING: Italian seasoning adds the perfect touch to the buns.
HOW TO MAKE MEATBALL SLIDERS
Be sure to scroll down for the full printable step-by-step recipe!
- PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- HEAT: Heat the meatballs and sauce together over medium heat in a large pot for about 10 minutes, or until hot.
- LAYER INGREDIENTS: Place the bottoms of the rolls into the baking dish and then add the meatballs. Top with parmesan cheese and sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese. Place the tops of the dinner rolls on top of the cheese.
- MAKE BUN TOPPING: Mix the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and parmesan together. Brush over the top of the dinner rolls with a pastry brush.
- BAKE: Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
CAN I USE HOMEMADE MEATBALLS INSTEAD?
You sure can! Just make sure they hold together well so they don’t fall apart in the oven when you bake the sliders.
WHAT IS THE BEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE TO USE?
Personally, I enjoy an herb flavored sauce as it adds the perfect flavor against the meatballs. But you can use whatever you’d like! Traditional or even meat-lovers sauce work just fine for this recipe.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A PASTRY BRUSH?
You need one! I couldn’t live without my pastry brush and I highly suggest you get one. (Click that link to order one on Amazon right now!) If you don’t have one nor are you able to get one, you can use a spoon to slowly add the topping over your buns. Just be aware it will be a little more difficult to get an even coating on all your rolls.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH MEATBALL SLIDERS?
Your favorite appetizers of course! These are best served at parties where there will be lots of other party appetizers to go with it. If you’d like to make this a meal, however, you can serve some pasta or salad to go with them.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO KEEP THEM WARM AT A PARTY?
The best way to keep these warm at a party is to store in a dish lined with foil. The foil will help retain the heat for as long as possible. Another option is to purchase a warming try to serve them on, but this may be a safety concern if there will be children present.
Check out these other appetizer recipes!
If you have tried this Easy Meatball Sliders recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 (32 oz.) bag of frozen meatballs
- 1 (24 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 pack) dinner rolls (King’s Hawaiian rolls are best)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 slices Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the meatballs and sauce together over medium heat in a large pot for about 10 minutes, or until hot.
- Place the bottoms of the rolls into the baking dish and then add the meatballs.
- Top with parmesan cheese and sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese.
- Place the tops of the dinner rolls on top of the cheese.
- Mix the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and parmesan together.
- Brush over the top of the dinner rolls with a pastry brush.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 791mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.