CREAMY BACON RANCH POTATO SALAD
Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is an easy to make side dish that’s perfect for bringing with you to all of your picnics and potlucks this summer! Honestly, this potato salad is delicious all year long. After all, it’s always a good time to indulge in tender potatoes tossed with bacon, ranch, and cheddar cheese!
Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
If you’re looking for a go-to side dish to bring with you to any picnic, party, or potluck this summer, you’ve found it! This Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is incredibly easy to make in just a matter of minutes. That way, you can focus on getting yourself ready for the party instead of fussing over a recipe! You’ll love that this potato salad is no frills and all flavor.
On top of it being easy and delicious as can be, this potato salad is also inexpensive. You only need 5 simple ingredients to toss it up, none of which will break the bank! You probably already have some of it on hand, like the salt and ranch dressing. Recipes that I can entertain a crowd with AND let me pinch a penny? That’s a double win in my book!
When it comes to crowd pleasers, it’s hard to beat this Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad. It checks all of the right boxes! It’s got ranch (check), cheese (check), and BACON (big check)! When I bring something with me to a get together, I like knowing that it’s going to be a hit. With ingredients like these, this recipe is always an instant classic, and I end up getting asked for the recipe at least 5 times.
Want to add extra bacon? Well, duh… Who doesn’t love a little extra bacon?! Before serving your potato salad, you’re gonna want to top it off with an extra sprinkle of cheese, scallions, and of course – bacon!
Ingredients for Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- POTATOES – 2 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes
- SALT – 3 tsp salt
- BACON – 1 lbs. bacon strips, finely chopped
- RANCH – 2 cups ranch dressing
- CHEESE – 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- SCALLIONS – for topping
How to Make Creamy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
COOK THE POTATOES. Cut the potatoes into 4 cubes, then boil them. Once boiling, lower the heat and cook uncovered for 12-15 minutes until they’re soft and tender. Drain the potatoes and run cold water over them until they’re cooled off.
COOK THE BACON. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it’s nice and crisp. Then chop it up into small pieces.
TOSS IT TOGETHER. In a large bowl, add the potatoes, ranch, bacon, and cheese. Toss it all together.
CHILL. Place the potato salad in the fridge for at least an hour.
ENJOY! Top the potato salad off with more bacon, cheese, and scallions before serving.
Tips for the Best Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Don’t overcook your potatoes! If they’re too tender, they’ll turn to mush and not hold their shape when you combine all of the ingredients.
- While you need to cool the potato salad for at least 1 hour prior to serving, I usually give it about 2-3 hours if I can. That way, everything really has time to fully chill! I like serving potato salad when it’s cold.
- I like making sure my bacon is crispy, so make sure to really cook it for long enough. That way, it’s perfectly crisp and chewy! No one wants a bite of soft bacon in the mix.
This summer, don’t show up empty handed! Bring some of my favorite fun side salads that actually hit the spot to your next party. Everyone loves Easy Macaroni Salad, Cucumber Tomato Salad, and my favorite Easy Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad!
- 2 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 lbs. bacon strips, finely chopped
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- scallions, for topping
- Cut each red potato into 4 cubes.
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. pot; add water to just cover the potatoes. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes and run cold water over them until potatoes are cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Chop bacon.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, ranch dressing, bacon and cheese. Mix together. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Top with more bacon, cheese and scallions before serving.
*STORE: Place leftover potato salad in an airtight container and store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1568mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g