THE BEST SLOW COOKER QUESO DIP RECIPE
Dip recipes are one of the best pleasures about the holidays, don’t you think? You’ll especially love this creamy, savory, and hearty slow cooker queso dip recipe. It is hands down the best you’ll ever try!
EASY QUESO DIP
This queso dip is made with Velveeta cheese and ground beef, making it the absolute BEST recipe. But what’s better? It’s a super easy queso dip recipe too. Ground some meat, throw the ingredients in a slow cooker and walk away. It’s that easy!
You can then serve it at your upcoming party with your favorite foods for dipping such as tortilla chips, celery, or crackers. You might want to make some extra though as this will disappear quickly!
QUESO DIP WITH VELVEETA CHEESE
Being an easy recipe is great, but just how cheesy is this queso dip? While it’s a queso dip with ground beef, we didn’t sacrifice the cheese factor here. By using Velveeta cheese, it came out so cheesy, creamy and incredibly delicious.
Not a Velveeta fan? No problem. Simply swap it out with your favorite block cheese and you’re good to go!
QUESO DIP INGREDIENTS
You’ll need just a few easy ingredients for this slow cooker queso dip:
- CHEESE: The best cheese to use will be some Velveeta cheese! Make sure to cube it up before cooking.
- ROTEL: Diced tomatoes with green chilies are a must for this recipe!
- GROUND BEEF: Browning some ground beef is what makes this dip so good.
- TACO SEASONING: For some added flavor, you’ll be seasoning it with taco seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE QUESO DIP
Want a printable recipe? Scroll down below for the step-by-step recipe.
- PREP: Start by spraying the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- BROWN MEAT: Brown the ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked through; drain. Add taco seasoning and water according to package directions. Cook until all liquid has been evaporated and remove from heat.
- COOK: Add the meat, cheese, and Rotel to the slow cooker. Stir well and cook on low until cheese is completely melted (about an hour – hour and 30 minutes). Keep the slow cooker set to warm to serve during your party and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
WHAT IS THE BEST CHEESE FOR QUESO DIP?
Velveeta of course! If you’d like, you can opt for another one of your favorite cheeses if you’re not a Velveeta fan. Make sure it’s a block cheese cubed up before cooking for the best result.
HOW DO YOU KEEP QUESO DIP WARM?
The best way to keep the queso dip warm at a party for a crowd is to set the slow cooker set to warm and keep it plugged in.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH QUESO DIP?
Tortilla chips of course! You can also serve with crackers, celery, pretzels, or toasted bread. This queso dip is good with so many food options!
HOW LONG IS THIS DIP GOOD FOR?
In terms of leaving out at a party, the general rule of thumb is about 2 hours unless you opt to keep it in the slow cooker plugged in. If you have leftovers, these can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
CAN I MAKE IT IN ADVANCE?
Yes! You can either store it in the fridge for a day or two until ready to eat or you can freeze it. If you opt to simply refrigerate, you’ll just need to pull it out and reheat before serving.
If you’d like to freeze it, you can do so for up to six months. Just be sure to thaw completely before reheating!
Keep in mind that the consistency may change so you may need to add a splash of milk when reheating the dip.
Check out these other delicious dip recipes:
If you have tried this Slow Cooker Queso Dip recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 (16oz) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 (10oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Start by spraying the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked through; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water according to package directions. Cook until all liquid has been evaporated and remove from heat.
- Add the meat, cheese, and canned diced tomatoes with green chiles to the slow cooker.
- Stir well and cook on low until cheese is completely melted (about an hour – an hour and 30 minutes).
- Keep the slow cooker set to warm to serve during your party and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.