With football season back in full swing, what better time to whip up an Easy Taco Dip Recipe? It’s not only easy and delicious, but the ultimate game day appetizer – perfect for Football Sunday!
EASY TACO DIP
My favorite thing about dip recipes is how fun it is to “dip”. I love dipping crackers, veggies, and chips in a variety of dips…but this Taco Dip has to be one of my all-time favorites.
It’s crazy simple to make as you can whip this up in just a few moments! It’s a matter of mixing a few ingredients and grabbing some chips to serve with it! And everyone seems to really LOVE this cold taco dip recipe.
GAME DAY APPETIZER
Trust me… if you make this and take it to your next football get-together, there will be cheers when you walk in the door! (maybe not, but still…it’s fun to think about) Or if you decide to wait until Super Bowl… it makes a great party food for that too.
This homemade taco dip recipe is one addition that your game day table needs to have. Finger foods are always a “touchdown” in my opinion, so why not kick off the super bowl party with a surefire recipe hit?
Don’t worry about making room in your fridge for any leftovers…there won’t be a single drop or crumb left!
Scroll down to get to the easy taco dip recipe (ya know, what you came here for)!
BAKING TOOLS YOU MIGHT NEED
Before getting started, make sure you have these tools in your kitchen:
- ELECTRIC MIXER: You will need to use an electric mixer to mix all the ingredients together and to make sure that the dip doesn’t have lumps of cream cheese in it.
- MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls, they’re so durable and the colors are so fun!
- SPATULA: Everyone needs a GOOD spatula and this one is my favorite!
- CHIP & DIP BOWL: This is the chip & dip bowl that I used!
TACO DIP INGREDIENTS
For this easy taco dip recipe, you’ll need just a few ingredients:
- CREAM CHEESE: make sure to soften your cream cheese so it’s easy to work with!
- SOUR CREAM: sour cream helps pull together the base of your taco dip.
- TACO SEASONING: I used this taco seasoning, but you can use your favorite taco seasoning.
- CHUNKY SALSA: using chunky salsa is VERY important so it’s not too runny!
- SHREDDED CHEESE: cheese is pretty much a required ingredient in taco dip, don’t you think?
- TOPPINGS: my favorite toppings for this recipe are tomatoes and olives, feel free to add your favorites!
HOW TO MAKE TACO DIP
The printable step by step taco dip recipe can be found below!
- MIX CREAM CHEESE: In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- ADD OTHER INGREDIENTS: Stir in chunky salsa and mix until combined. Add the shredded cheese and black olives to the mixture; mix well.
- CHOP TOMATOES: Dice up the tomatoes nice and small. Add them to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- SERVE: Scoop the mixture into a serving bowl and top with shredded cheese, black olives, tomatoes, and any of your other favorite toppings.
CAN I MAKE THIS TACO DIP WITH MEAT?
Yes! You can make taco dip with ground beef or shredded chicken or any meat you’d like to add, really! Prep your meat beforehand and mix it all in.
CAN I ADD OTHER TOPPINGS TO MY TACO DIP?
YES! The best part about making this dip is you can add all of your favorite toppings, my favorite is tomatoes so I like to add a ton of them into the dip but feel free to add jalapeño peppers, green peppers, and onions, the options are endless.
CAN I MAKE TACO DIP THE DAY BEFORE?
Yes! However, if you are not serving the taco dip right after you make it, then I would wait until your just about ready to serve this taco dip to top with the additional shredded cheese, tomatoes, black olives, or any other favorite topping you want to add.
LOOKING FOR MORE DIP RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip
- Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Slow Cooker Queso Dip
- Pizza Dip Recipe
If you have tried this Easy Taco Dip recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Easy Taco Dip
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1.25 oz. package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup chunky mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- Additional toppings, optional
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Stir in chunky salsa to taco dip mixture, mix until combined.
- Add shredded cheese, and black olives to taco dip mixture.
- Dice two large tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes to taco dip mixture and stir until just combined.
- Scoop taco dip into serving bowl. Top with additional shredded cheese, black olives and tomatoes.
- Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve or up to 1 week.
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My All Time Favorite recipe! I added 1 can of chili without beans to the sour cream and cream cheese mixture for added flavor. Yumminess!
This is the most addicting stuff ever!! It’s gone within minutes & a great way to start a party or for any occasion or meal!
This is so easy and a favorite for all the parties I host! Thank you!
I am going to try this tonight for our Bible Study’s small plates s night. Sounds so yummy and easy too
Love all those flavors – sound wonderful, together in a hearty dip!
What a great dip for m=the playoffs. Sunday’s are my football watching snack eating days. This will be added to the rotation ASAP!
This dip looks so simple and delicious. I can finish off the entire bowl. Your pics are beautiful too. Pinned to try this soon.
This is certainly what we love — simple, delicious, and quick to make. Everyone in our family loves tacos and a tip would be so very popular what with all of the activities and holiday get togethers. I will definitely be sharing this taco dip with my family.
I love taco dip! It’s one of my favorites for snacking. This will be great for the Superbowl!
I Love dips!! This with taco seasoning sounds so delicious. Nothing beats a big bowl of dips with some taco on hand especially when we have pajama parties. Saving this for later.
Taco dip is one of my favorite apps. It’s like a taco you can eat with a fork! Hehe, can’t get strange looks from the guests. Thank you for sharing.
Simple and delicious.. two of my very favourite things in life! I can’t wait to make this for my friends and family on New Year’s eve, thanks for sharing!
That taco dip looks so delicious! I can see it disappear fast at our next party 🙂 !
I love dips too! I could eat them as the meal and not just an appetizer! This taco dip is perfect for New Year’s Eve or even game day! Now, hand me the tortilla chips…I’m digging in! 😉
I will be making this for our Thursday night football watch party! Can’t wait to try it out then.
Hello! Which brand taco seasoning and salsa do you recommend? I always feel like those always make a difference in taste!
I use Lawry’s Taco Seasoning and Pace Chunky Salsa. Enjoy!
How many does this serve?
I made this for a football party last weekend. It was a HIT! There was not a single bit left over. I will make it again and again!
I’ve tryed this yesterday ans it’s awesome and soooo tasty!
True! The best taco dip ever!!
I’m so glad you loved my taco dip recipe! I just made it yesterday for the Green Bay Packer game! 🙂
What a delicious looking dip!
TACO DIP!!!!! Tacos are probably my most favorite food! Thanks for the awesome recipe, just in time for a party tomorrow!
Love taco dip! This will be perfect for tomorrow!
I would too make a huge batch of taco dip and eat it during my college days hahaha. It is just too good!
I love taco dip too! It’s such a great easy appetizer for a party. I definitely need to make this again!
I didn’t think the layered taco dip could get easier but I love this simple one bowl app!
I made one very similar, but no olives. Yours looks better!
Taco dip is a fave around here! Yours looks PERFECT! Pinned!
Oh yum. I love taco dips and taco salads! This one looks great.
I’m a sucker for dips and tacos so this is pretty much aca-awesomeness.
great dip and I love the bowl
Taco dip is one of my favorites for the holidays & parties! Love this!
I LOVE taco dip! And yours looks SO good! I will have to try this!
My family would devour this taco dip in about 5 minutes…looks delicious!
Taco Dip is always a crowd favorite! I love the extra cheese on top of yours.
I wish I had some of this dip for lunch, it looks amazing!
Taco dip is one of my most favorite apps – delish!
We love taco dip! This bowl wouldn’t last long at our house!
The perfect dip for summer potlucks!
There is something about taco dip that I just can’t resist!!! That bowl would not last long around me! I love how you “sprinkled” the top 🙂
One of the world’s greatest dips! Yum. Love this one.
Have a marvelous holiday weekend!