This delicious Taco Dip is perfect for a holiday party or to ring in the New Year!
Isn’t is fun to “dip”? Sounds a bit odd hearing it that way, but it’s so very true!
I love dipping crackers, veggies, and chips in a variety of dips…but this Taco Dip has to be one of my all-time favorites.
First off, it’s crazy simple to make.
If you have a few moments of time, you can whip this up.
And honestly, everyone seems to love Taco Dip!
Trust me…you make and take this to the next event and they’ll be cheers when you walk in the door! (maybe not, but still…it’s fun to think about)
While this dip recipe is great for holidays, don’t forget that in just a few short months the Super Bowl is right around the corner.
This homemade taco dip recipe is one addition that your game day table needs to have. Finger foods are always a “touchdown” in my opinion, so why not kick off the holiday party or super bowl party with a surefire recipe hit?
Don’t worry about making room in your fridge for any leftovers…there won’t be a single drop or crumb left!
TACO DIP INGREDIENTS
● CREAM CHEESE: 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese. Make sure the cream cheese is soft before mixing.
● SOUR CREAM: 2 cups of sour cream.
● TACO SEASONING: 1 (1.25 oz.) package of taco seasoning.
● SALSA: 1 cup chunky mild or hot salsa.
● SHREDDED CHEESE: 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or I sometimes like using the Mexican blend of shredded cheese.
● TOMATOES: 2 large tomatoes.
● BLACK OLIVES: 1 ( 2.25 oz.) can of sliced black olives. If you love green olives, I love adding them into this taco dip too.
HOW TO MAKE TACO DIP
To make this cold Taco Dip, simply:
STEP 1: In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
STEP 2: Stir in chunky salsa to taco dip mixture, mix until combined.
STEP 3: Add shredded cheese and black olives to taco dip mixture.
STEP 4: Dice two large tomatoes.
STEP 5: Add tomatoes to taco dip mixture and stir until just combined.
STEP 6: Scoop taco dip into serving bowl. Top with additional shredded cheese, black olives, and tomatoes.
ADDITIONAL TACO DIP TIPS
TACO SEASONING: I like to use this taco seasoning in this dip, but you can use your favorite taco seasoning.
CHUNKY SALSA: Using chunky salsa is VERY important when making taco dip if the salsa is too “runny” the dip tends to be watery and lose its flavor. I use this chunky salsa, it’s the best!
TACO DIP TOPPINGS: The best part about making this dip is you can add all of your favorite toppings, my favorite is tomatoes so I like to add a ton of them into the dip but feel free to add jalapeño peppers, green peppers, and onions, the options are endless.
MAKE COLD TACO DIP THE DAY BEFORE: If you are not serving the taco dip right after you make it, then I would wait until your just about ready to serve this taco dip to top with the additional shredded cheese, tomatoes, black olives, or any other favorite topping you want to add.
KITCHEN TOOLS NEEDED
ELECTRIC MIXER: You will need to use an electric mixer to mix all the ingredients together and to make sure that the dip doesn’t have lumps of cream cheese in it.
MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls, they’re so durable and the colors are so fun!
SPATULA: Everyone needs a GOOD spatula and this one is my favorite!
CHIP & DIP BOWL: This is the chip & dip bowl that I used!
TRY THESE EASY DIP RECIPES TOO
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup chunky mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Stir in chunky salsa to taco dip mixture, mix until combined.
- Add shredded cheese, and black olives to taco dip mixture.
- Dice two large tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes to taco dip mixture and stir until just combined.
- Scoop taco dip into serving bowl. Top with additional shredded cheese, black olives and tomatoes.
*Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve or up to 1 week.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.