No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles
No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles are the ultimate simple treat for a birthday party, holiday party, or an afternoon sweet tooth. They’re drool-worthy delicious and only take 30 minutes to make!
BIRTHDAY CAKE POP TRUFFLES
Can we admit that bringing a dish for birthday parties can be a pain sometimes? With how busy we are these days, we need something SIMPLE! Enter: no bake cake pop truffles PERFECT for birthday parties (or holidays too!).
Mix the dough, dip into chocolate, chill. It can’t get any easier than that, can it?! You can turn these into birthday cake pops by popping them on a treat stick, too.
NO BAKE DESSERT RECIPE
While this no bake dessert is crazy simple, it takes AMAZING too!! These cake balls are so good, you’ll be tempted to down them all before you even get to the party! (Oops.)
They’re perfect when you don’t want to turn on that hot oven just for a birthday treat too. Besides, who doesn’t love the combination of cake batter, chocolate, and sprinkles?! These are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleasing favorite.
RECOMMENDED BAKING TOOLS
Before you get started making birthday cake balls, I recommend having these tools in your kitchen:
- FOOD PROCESSOR: If you don’t have a food processor, here is the one I use. A quality food processor is a must for baking in the kitchen!
- MIXING BOWLS: These are my all-time favorite mixing bowls and I HIGHLY recommend them!
- COOKIE SCOOP: Using a cookie scoop makes making these truffles super simple (see my tips below for forming the perfect truffle ball!).
CAKE BATTER TRUFFLES RECIPE INGREDIENTS
For these no bake cake batter truffles, you’ll need these ingredients:
- BUTTER: For best results, you’ll want to soften your butter first! If you don’t have time, you can also heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, making sure to flip every 5 seconds for even heating.
- CAKE MIX: I used funfetti cake mix for this recipe, but feel free to use any kind you like. (See some recommendations below!)
- SUGAR: Of course you need lots of sugar for this recipe!! That’s pretty much a must for no bake desserts, right??
- FLOUR: You’ll need just a bit of added flour to help the dough form to the right consistency.
- VANILLA: Just a bit of vanilla extract for that delicious flavor we’re looking for!!
- SPRINKLES: I used nonpareils sprinkles to mix into the cake batter dough. For the tops of each truffle, I used a mix of nonpareil sprinkles and these bright pink sprinkles.
- ALMOND BARK: Almond bark is best for coating your cake pop truffles. You DO NOT want to use white chocolate chips as they will NOT coat properly!
- OIL: Just a bit of vegetable oil is used to give the truffle coating the right consistency.
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CAKE BATTER TRUFFLES
Scroll down below for a printable step-by-step birthday cake pop truffles recipe!
- FORM DOUGH: Use a food processor to pulse the butter, cake mix, sugar, flour, and vanilla until a dough forms.
- ADD SPRINKLES: Add the dough into a large mixing bowl and mix the sprinkles!
- ROLL INTO CAKE BALLS: Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough and roll into a ball; place on baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- MELT ALMOND BARK: Melt the almond bark in the microwave until smooth, making sure to stir every 20-30 seconds. Stir in the oil and set aside.
- DIP TRUFFLES: Using a fork, dip each cake ball into the melted almond bark and return to baking sheet. Top with additional sprinkles.
- CHILL CAKE MIX TRUFFLES: Place all the cake balls into the fridge and chill for a minimum of 20 minutes, or until the almond bark coating has hardened. Enjoy!
CAN I USE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS INSTEAD OF ALMOND BARK?
No! While many other truffle recipes use chocolate chips, I find they are not the best to use. I like to use almond bark for the best results. White chocolate chips will NOT coat the truffles properly in this recipe.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT VARIETY OF CAKE MIX?
You sure can! The best thing about this recipe is you can switch it up with a bunch of different variations. You can even try mixing up the colors for the different holidays. Red + green sprinkles for Christmas, brown + orange sprinkles for Thanksgiving, red + blue sprinkles for Fourth of July, and anything else you can come up with!
Try some of these options for your no bake cake truffles recipe:
- Red velvet cake pops
- Strawberry and cream cake truffles
- Lemon flavored cake balls
- Chocolate cake balls with chocolate bark
- Spiced or carrot cake truffles
HOW DO YOU FORM THE CAKE BALLS?
I find the easiest way to form the cake balls for your truffles is using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop! BUT – if you don’t have a cookie scoop you can use a 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon too.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DIP TRUFFLES?
If you’ve never made truffles before, there’s a science to this process. The EASIEST way to coat the cake batter truffles is by doing the following:
- Drop the cake batter truffle in the middle of the melted almond bark
- Use a fork to carefully turn the truffle and make sure it’s fully coated
- Pick up the truffle by the base of the fork on the bottom of the truffle – DO NOT pierce it with the prongs!
- Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow excess to drip off and then place onto a lined baking sheet. Add your sprinkles while the almond bark is still wet and hasn’t yet hardened.
HOW LONG DO CAKE BATTER TRUFFLES LAST?
Typically, no bake cake batter truffles will last 5-7 days in an airtight container sitting on the counter. You can also move them to the fridge for longer keep of about 10 days. If freezing, I recommend only freezing the cake balls and coat in almond bark upon thawing. They will keep in the freezer for about a month.
MORE FUNFETTI DESSERT RECIPES:
- Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies
- Funfetti Cookie Cake Recipe
- Unicorn Banana Bread
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Funfetti
- Frosted Funfetti Cookies
- Homemade Funfetti Cake
If you have tried this No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 10 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 16 oz. vanilla almond bark
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- sprinkles, for topping
- Use a food processor to pulse the butter, cake mix, sugar, flour, and vanilla until a dough forms.
- Add the dough into a large mixing bowl and mix the sprinkles!
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough and roll into a ball; place on baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave until smooth, making sure to stir every 20-30 seconds. Stir in the oil and set aside.
- Using a fork, dip each cake ball into the melted almond bark and return to baking sheet. Top with additional sprinkles.
- Place all the cake balls into the fridge and chill for a minimum of 20 minutes, or until the almond bark coating has hardened. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.