Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
This easy Strawberry Lemonade recipe is a refreshing drink that only takes 10 minutes to make.
Made with sugar, water, fresh strawberries, and lemons. Top with a lemon slice and chopped strawberries and enjoy the BEST strawberry lemonade you’ve ever had!
I love making this lemonade for BBQ parties in the summer. It goes perfectly with my sloppy joes or crockpot pulled pork. Serve with a side of pasta salad and potato chip cookies for dessert.
Table of contents
This homemade strawberry lemonade is a refreshing summertime drink filled with fresh strawberries!
As soon as the weather starts to get warm, I’m instantly craving a nice cold glass of this delicious fresh strawberry lemonade. And the best part, it can be quickly turned into a refreshing summer cocktail too.
I like to add my favorite vodka, tequila, and even lemon-flavored rum. Either way, this strawberry lemonade is my go-to summer drink recipe. It’s perfect for bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, holiday parties, or just a simple family BBQ.
Made a batch yesterday for when the kids got home from school and they downed it in 5 minutes. Biggest compliment they could give!Steph
Ingredients To Make Strawberry Lemonade
- Sugar: I use granulated sugar to make the simple syrup.
- Water: You will use a total of about 7 cups of water for this lemonade recipe. 1 cup of water is used to mix with the sugar.
- Fresh strawberries: I love using fresh, juicy strawberries but you can use frozen strawberries. Just make sure you thaw them first.
- Lemons: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is the best but if you need to use store-bought lemon juice you can but know the flavor will be super tart.
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade
- Boil. In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Blend. Place strawberries into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth to make strawberry puree.
- Mix. Pour strawberry puree into the sugar water. Add lemon juice. Stir well.
- Serve. Pour strawberry lemon mixture and cold water into a large pitcher. Stir well and add ice. Pour into glasses and top with chopped strawberries and a lemon slice.
- Sparkling Water. Want to give the lemonade a little fizz, use sparkling water instead of plain water.
- Make it a cocktail. Add some vodka or even tequila.
- Limes. If you want to switch it up, you can make strawberry limeade which is also super delicious. All you have to do is substitute the lemons for limes
No, most pink lemonades are just regular lemonade that is dyed pink with food coloring.
Squeezing fresh lemon juice is so easy and tastes way better than store-bought. Just use a lemon squeezer and in minutes you can have all the lemons squeezed.
I like to use Sunkist lemons as they use in Chick-fil-A lemonade but any lemon you find at your local grocery store will work great.
Make Ahead & Store
Make ahead. Make the lemonade but leave out the ice cubes. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Add ice to the pitcher or pour over ice in individual glasses.
Store. Store any leftover strawberry lemonade in a covered pitcher or jar in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Looking for more lemonade recipes? Try this homemade lemonade recipe, blueberry lemonade, and watermelon lemonade, and don’t forget about this delicious fresh peach lemonade.
More Drink Recipes
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh lemon juice, about 6 medium lemons
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped for topping
- lemon slice, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth to make strawberry puree.
- Pour strawberry puree into the sugar water. Add lemon juice. Stir well.
- Pour strawberry lemon mixture and cold water into a large pitcher. Stir well and add ice. Pour into glasses and top with chopped strawberries and a lemon slice.
- Make ahead. Make the lemonade but leave out the ice cubes. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Add ice to the pitcher or pour over ice in individual glasses.
- Store. Store any leftover strawberry lemonade in a covered pitcher or jar in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.
My favorite!! So sweet and easy and refreshing!
My kids BEG me for this all the time! Thanks for the easy recipe!!!
This is such a great recipe to have on hand! So fresh and such great flavor.
LOVED this strawberry lemonade! So happy our lemon tree is producing this year so I can make it again!
Y’all this drink is so refreshing! I will be making this often from now on! My kids didn’t even leave enough for my husband to try!
Fabulous recipe.. I love it!!
Just wondering how many days it will last?
So glad you love this recipe! 🙂 It’s one of my favorites too! It will last 7-10 days in the fridge.
Delicious strawberry lemonade. Without a doubt, I’ll try it again.
This amazing drink is perfect for summer. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks for such a great recipe.
Sweet & so refreshing!! This is our summer go-to drink!!
I am going to sip on this all summer long, it’s THAT delicious!