Very Berry Ice Cream Pie
Very Berry Ice Cream Pie is perfect for your 4th of July gathering or BBQ! This pie recipe only requires six simple ingredients and is a wonderfully quick no-bake recipe. Sweet strawberry ice cream is topped with fresh lemon creme and Cool Whip – it’s just as refreshing as it is delicious!
Very Berry Ice Cream Pie
Summer can be summed up in three little letters: H-O-T. What better way to cool off than with a giant slice of this Very Berry Ice Cream Pie? It’s chilled and packed full of sweet summery flavors that are sure to satisfy on a hot summer day. Ice cream pies are always delicious – at least I’ve never met one I didn’t like! But this very berry ice cream pie really has a special place in my heart.
A big reason I adore this ice cream pie is because it has so few ingredients, and it’s super simple to make! The only annoying part about making this pie is waiting for it to freeze up for a few hours… but I promise, the wait is SO worth it. It’s got everything delicious about a summer dessert, all spread into one pie crust and topped with fresh berries. Between the strawberry ice cream itself and the lemon creme, it’s hard to say what the best part of this pie really is!
While this ice cream pie is perfect for the upcoming 4th of July BBQ, it’s also perfect for a number of other summer parties as well! And during summer, there are no rules, right? So who says you can’t have your dessert first before eating anything else? Play that grown-up card and eat your slice of pie when that hunger hits! I make this pie pretty much every Independence Day, and also at pool parties, birthday parties, etc. It’s the ultimate summertime crowd pleaser!
Very Berry Ice Cream Pie Ingredients
- ICE CREAM: 2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- PIE FILLING: 1 cup lemon creme pie filling
- COOL WHIP: 1 tub Cool Whip, thawed
- STRAWBERRIES: 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- BLUEBERRIES: 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
How to Make Very Berry Ice Cream Pie
SPREAD AND FREEZE: Allow the ice cream to soften a bit, then spoon it into the pie crust. Use a spatula to easily spread the ice cream into an even layer. Then, place the pie in the freezer for about an hour, or until the ice cream is firm.
ASSEMBLE: Once the ice cream layer is frozen, it’s time to assemble the remaining layers of the pie! Spread the lemon creme over the top of the frozen ice cream, then top that layer off with Cool Whip.
FREEZE AGAIN: Cover the pie with aluminum foil, then place it in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until the Cool Whip is firm.
GARNISH: You could skip the garnish, if you want to… but why would you want to?! Garnish your picture perfect pie with fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Variations to Try:
- If you’re making this pie for the 4th of July, stick with patriotic colored berries like strawberries and blueberries. However, you could also top this pie with fresh fruits like bananas and raspberries, too!
- I’ve made this pie using strawberry ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and even cherry ice cream. You can use whatever your favorite ice cream flavor is, too! I would just stay away from chocolate ice cream because lemon and chocolate might not go together very well.
- I use a store-bought graham cracker crust to keep things quick and easy. However, you could definitely make your own graham cracker or even pretzel crust at home if you have the time.
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 cup lemon creme pie filling
- 1 tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
STEP 1: Spoon softened strawberry ice cream into pie crust, using a spatula to spread ice cream evenly into the crust. Place pie in freezer for 1 hour or until ice cream is firm.
STEP 2: Spread lemon creme over top of frozen ice cream and then top with Cool Whip. Cover the pie with aluminum foil and place in it the freezer for at least 2 hours or until Cool Whip is firm.
STEP 3: Slice fresh strawberries and wash blueberries to place on top of the pie right before your ready to serve.
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.