Oreo Funfetti Cookies
These soft, chewy Oreo Funfetti Cookies are loaded with Oreos, chocolate chips and SPRINKLES, making them a fun Halloween dessert that everyone will love!
Only four more weeks until Halloween! Although, I’m super excited about Halloween, I have to admit that it’s not one of my favorite holidays. When it comes to Halloween, I really hate scary things, Eek! I am more of a “cute halloween” type person, like these super cute Halloween Oreo Funfetti Cookies.
I used the same recipe as my Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe but not only did I load these cookies up with these super cute Nestle Halloween chocolate chips I found at Walmart, I also added my favorite Halloween Oreos,and of course it wouldn’t be a funfetti cookie without a ton of SPRINKLES!! It’s like a cute Halloween party all wrapped up into these delicious cookies.
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✓ DON’T OVERMIX: With almost all my cookie recipes, I always make sure to remind you to not OVERMIX the cookie dough. Meaning, when you mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, only mix them together until just combined…you should still see some flour in your mixing bowl.
✓ SCOOPING THE COOKIE DOUGH: I always use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop, each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 Tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use an ice cream scooper but you will only need 1 ice cream scoop of cookie dough.
★ And to make it super easier for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE OREO FUNFETTI COOKIES:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons UNSALTED butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup holiday sprinkles, additional sprinkles for topping
- 1 cup holiday oreos, crushed, additional crushed oreos for topping
- 1 ½ cups holiday chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips/white chocolate chips
- additional chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips, sprinkles and crushed Oreos until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate baking sheet clockwise and bake for additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place additional chocolate chips on top of cookies, and let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
- STORE: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
- FREEZING: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. To bake, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes.