Frozen Chicken Breasts Air Fryer
A moist and tender Frozen Chicken Breasts Air Fryer recipe is just what you need to spice up any weekday dinner night.
Make a meal the whole family will love with this easy recipe. Pair the perfectly seasoned chicken with a side of Baked Beans and Air Fryer Asparagus. Make it a meal to remember by adding a tasty dessert like Banana Cake!
Table of contents
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breasts
- It only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- You don’t have to thaw the chicken the night before.
- A great way to make a full meal in the air fryer.
- It pairs perfectly with air fryer zucchini to make a stress-free and nutritious dinner.
- Frozen Chicken Breasts: Depending on the size of the chicken breast, you may need to adjust the cooking time. A kitchen thermometer will help you know when they are done, without overcooking!
- Avocado oil spray: This is the best cooking spray to use in an air fryer because it has a low smoking point.
- Garlic powder: A pantry staple that’s easy to access and always adds the best flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Season your chicken with salt and pepper for a foolproof and tasty dish.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer
- Preheat. The air fryer to 400°F.
- Spray. The chicken with the avocado oil and season the chicken with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place. The seasoned chicken at the bottom of the preheated air fryer.
- Cook. The chicken for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until an internal temperature hits 165°F
- Rest. The cooked chicken for 2 minutes to give you a tasty and tender meal.
Tips & Variations
- Olive oil. Instead of avocado oil, you can use olive oil to help the seasoning stick to the chicken.
- Serve immediately. After you let the chicken rest, make sure to serve immediately in order to get a hot tender, and moist chicken breast.
- Use a kitchen thermometer. Using a kitchen thermometer will help you get a perfectly cooked chicken without having to cut into it to check for doneness.
- Marinade. Season with your favorite marinade, or a dash of lemon for added flavor.
For medium to small-sized raw frozen chicken breast, it will take about 30 minutes to cook in the air fryer. If you have larger breasts, you will need to adjust the cooking time.
Yes, you can! If you cook the chicken to an internal temperature of 165°F, an air fryer is a great method to cook frozen or raw chicken.
If cooking a frozen chicken breast in the air fryer, you should cook it for at least 30 minutes, depending on the size. Remember to check with a thermometer for doneness.
- Store. Cooked chicken in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can freeze the leftover chicken in a freezer-friendly container for up to 4 months.
- Reheat. In the microwave or air fryer until heated all the way through. It may not be as moist the second time cooking through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 2-3 minutes.
- Spray or rub the chicken breasts with avocado oil spray or olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breast is. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.