THE BEST BLT PASTA SALAD
This BLT pasta salad is the perfect easy and creamy pasta salad recipe! Perfect for lunch, family gatherings and much more. It’s creamy, full of flavor, and so easy to make. You’ll be running to it again and again!
EASY PASTA SALAD RECIPE
Pasta salads are incredibly popular during the summer with all the parties, celebrations, and finding every reason for a BBQ. But… it’s never too late for a delicious creamy (and easy!) pasta salad recipe.
This BLT pasta salad has to be one of my all-time favorites with the classic BLT flavors and the textures of the pasta and lettuce working together. You’d never think that lettuce and pasta work together, but somehow they just do!!
I like to keep things simple with grabbing the nearest bag of bacon crumble, but you can also fry up some bacon to chop yourself and throw it in. I mean… when do you ever want to pass up the chance to make your entire house smell like heaven? Well aside from the desire to make things as quick and easy as possible that is 😉
If you decide to serve this to a crowd of guests, they’ll definitely appreciate the aroma of bacon as they walk through that door, that’s for sure! Pair it with some delicious burgers or even grilled salmon, and you’ve got a feast that everyone is sure to love.
BLT PASTA SALAD INGREDIENTS
This recipe for BLT pasta salad includes these simple ingredients:
- BOWTIE PASTA: We chose bowtie pasta as it is not only a classic, but one of our favorites!
- TOMATO GRAPES: These tomatoes are perfectly sized for a simple pasta salad.
- ROMAINE LETTUCE: It wouldn’t be a BLT without the lettuce, now would it?
- GREEN ONIONS: We are big green onion fans and love to chop it up and throw it in a salad any chance we can!
- RANCH DRESSING: Ranch is one of our favorite pasta salad dressings and makes this truly creamy.
- BACON CRUMBLE: Grabbing a bag of bacon crumble really makes this an easy pasta salad.
- AVOCADO: The avocado really adds some extra flavors to this pasta salad.
- CHEESE: You can use either blue cheese or feta cheese for this delicious creamy pasta salad recipe!
HOW TO MAKE BLT PASTA SALAD
If you’d like to grab the full recipe, just scroll down for printable directions!
- COOK: cook the bowtie pasta according to package directions and toss with olive oil. Cover and store in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- COMBINE: In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions. Pour the ranch over the top and toss until well coated.
- SERVE: Top with bacon, diced avocado, and blue cheese or feta crumbles; serve.
CAN PASTA SALAD BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, and no. While it certainly can stay good for a few days, it will not maintain its delicious quality. The pasta and lettuce will become soggy when made too far in advance. (Definitely not something I would freeze, either!)
For best results, try to make this pasta salad recipe the day of, preferably right before you plan on serving it.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH PASTA SALAD?
While this BLT pasta salad goes great on its own for lunch or even a light dinner, there are a number of other main dishes you can serve with it. A few ideas to get you started include:
- BBQ Chicken
- Grilled salmon
CAN YOU USE OTHER TYPES OF LETTUCE?
Sure! We prefer romaine lettuce for this easy pasta salad recipe, but you can use your preferred type of lettuce and still come out with a yummy dish!
Be sure to check out these other salad recipes!
- The Best Greek Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Easy Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad
- Pecan Crunch Grape Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
If you have tried this BLT Pasta Salad recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 box bowtie pasta noodles
- 2 cups tomato grapes, halved
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 (4.3 oz.) crumble bacon pieces
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook the bowtie pasta according to package directions and toss with olive oil. Cover and store in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions. Pour the ranch over the top and toss until well coated.
- Top with bacon, diced avocado, and blue cheese or feta crumbles; serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.