M&M Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Skip the store-bought cookie dough squares today, and instead, make these irresistibly good M&M Peanut Butter Cookies! They’re rich with peanut butter flavor and even have tasty little peanut butter chips spread throughout. Of course, my favorite part may just be the gooey chocolatey M&M’s!
M&M Peanut Butter Cookies
I feel like every time I walk through the dairy section at the grocery store, I see new and exciting cookie dough flavors. Don’t get me wrong – I love indulging in that store-bought dough as much as the next gal! However, once baked, none of those brands can hold a candle to homemade cookies. Especially these peanut butter and chocolatey cookies!
Little kids, grandparents, and everyone in between loves these M&M peanut butter cookies! Between the rich peanut butter flavor and bites of candy coated chocolate, there’s nothing not to love about these delicious cookies. They’re also easy to make, which is a huge plus! With simple ingredients and minimal steps, there’s no reason you shouldn’t treat yourself to a batch of these bad boys.
These cookies also turn out perfect not just in flavor, but in texture, too. I love how soft and fluffy they are! While sometimes I do enjoy crispier, flatter cookies, I really fall head over heels for these soft peanut butter pillows. They’re thick, dense cookies that are decadent without being over the top indulgent. Between the sweet peanut butter and chocolate flavors and the soft consistency, there’s nothing not worth craving about these cookies!
M&M Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- FLOUR: 3 cups all-purpose flour
- BAKING SODA: 2 tsp baking soda
- SALT: just a pinch
- VANILLA EXTRACT: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- EGGS: 1 large eggs
- MILK: 1 tbsp milk
- PEANUT BUTTER: 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- SHORTENING: 1 cup shortening
- SUGAR: 1 cup granulated sugar
- BROWN SUGAR: 1 cup brown sugar
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS: 1 cup peanut butter chips
- M&Ms: 1 cup M&Ms
How to Make M&M Peanut Butter Cookies
PREPARE: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
MIX: In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
BEAT: In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla together. Set aside.
COMBINE: In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer, mix peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Then, add the wet and dry mixtures until everything is well combined.
STIR: Here’s the fun part! Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and M&Ms.
BAKE: Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.
COOL OFF: Remove cookies from the oven. Leave on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to the baking rack to cool completely.
Variations to Try:
- Feel free to have fun with the M&Ms! For example, if it’s around a certain holiday, buy whatever themed M&Ms are available and use those. When made with red and green M&Ms, these make perfect cookie exchange cookies for Christmas parties!
- If you really love that tasty peanut flavor, toss in a small handful of roasted peanuts to the dough. It’s a great way to add more peanut flavor and crunchy texture.
- When it comes to the mini chocolate chips, pick whatever kind of chocolate you prefer. Milk chocolate chips are my personal favorite for this recipe, but semi sweet and dark mini chocolate chips both work as well.
I’ve been a cookie baking fiend lately! If you love homemade cookies as much as I do, then you definitely need to whip up a batch of Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies! And if you like the classics, then check out my tried and true recipes for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies and the BEST Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer, mix peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and M&Ms.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven. Leave on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to the baking rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 389mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 4gSugar: 57gProtein: 13g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.