FRENCH ONION DIP RECIPE
Made with only two simple ingredients and incredibly easy to follow steps, this French Onion Dip Recipe is almost too good to be true! When it comes to dips that I love serving with potato chips, it doesn’t get any more delicious than this french onion dip. Serve some at your next party!
EASY FRENCH ONION DIP RECIPE
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing better than having a trusty dip recipe on hand before a party! Planning a party is always stressful, but being able to turn to a tried and true easy recipe makes things so much more relaxing. Next time you’re hosting a get together, be sure to alleviate some stress by whipping up this two-ingredient french onion dip recipe!
If you’ve ever had this dip before, you already know how mouthwatering it is! It has all of the bold flavors of french onion soup in a creamy, dip-able bowl that pairs perfectly with salty potato chips. You and your guests are going to love going back for more! My main advice? Consider doubling this recipe if you plan on hosting a crowd – this dip tends to go pretty fast!
FRENCH ONION DIP INGREDIENTS
As previously mentioned, this recipes only calls for TWO simple ingredients! Not only is this dip easy to make, but it’s extremely inexpensive, too. Does a recipe get any better than that..?
- ONION SOUP MIX: 1 box onion soup mix
- SOUR CREAM: 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream
HOW TO MAKE EASY FRENCH ONION DIP
Truly, this dip recipe couldn’t be any easier! I’m seriously in love with making this before parties – not just because it’s delicious to serve, but because it’s one less thing to stress about.
MIX: In a medium sized bowl (or larger, if you’re doubling the recipe), thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together.
COOL: Cover the dip and refrigerate it for about 1-2 hours before serving. As tempting as it may be to enjoy the dip right away, it’s SO much better when chilled! The texture is thicker and the flavors are more developed after some time in the fridge.
SERVE: Serve the french onion dip with kettled potato chips, and enjoy!
VARIATIONS TO TRY:
- Want to make this dip even creamier? Mix in half a stick of cream cheese! If it’s at room temperature, it will mix well with the sour cream and soup mix. It’s a great way to make this dip even more decadent! Just be ready to use some pretty sturdy chips that won’t break off in the thicker dip.
- While it’s not my favorite, I know plenty of people who love horseradish mixed in this dip! If you enjoy horseradish on your french onion sandwich, you’ll also enjoy it in this flavorful dip.
- I love the saltiness of potato chips with the bold, savory flavors of this dip! However, feel free to serve this french onion dip with some freshly chopped veggies as dippers as well. Bell peppers, cucumbers, and celery are all tasty when dipped in this mouthwatering dip!
How long does french onion dip stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, this dip will stay fresh for up to 4 days. Personally, I think it’s even better on day 2, when all of the flavors have really settled in!
Can I freeze french onion dip?
Yes, you definitely can! In an airtight container in the freezer, this dip will stay fresh for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, just pop it in the fridge and let it thaw for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
If you need more delicious appetizers for your next party, you’ve come to the right place! One of my favorite go-to app recipes lately is Air Fryer Tater Tots! And another dip I’m head over heels for is this easy to make Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip. If it’s something sweet you’re looking for, then you HAVE to make my Sugar Cookie Dip!
- 1 box onion soup mix
- 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serve with kettled cooked potato chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.