No Bake Energy Bites
These No Bake Energy Bites make the perfect healthy snack. They are so easy to make and you only need 5 simple ingredients.
Table of contents
Why You’ll Love These Energy Bites!
- Kids Love Them! With those tasty M&Ms kids won’t be able to say no to these amazing Energy Bites.
- Easy To Make. Ditch the oven and enjoy making this no bake treat.
- Healthy Ingredients. Made with healthy ingredients you can trust to give you energy throughout the day.
- Grab and Go. A healthy snack that is easy to make and easy to just grab & go.
- Quick oats: I prefer these quick oats but you can use old-fashioned oats too.
- Peanut butter: I use skippy brand, but any peanut butter works. I would maybe avoid natural peanut butter that separates and is more runny which it will make it hard for the bites to keep their shape.
- Mini chocolate chips: I like using mini chocolate chips but you could use white chocolate chips too.
- Mini m&m candy: I make them with mini m&ms because my kids love it. But you can skip the mini m&ms or add chopped nuts or even flaxseeds.
- Honey: I just use regular honey because it adds a bit of sweetness but also helps the balls to stick together.
How To Make No-Bake Energy Bites
- Mix. In a medium or large bowl, add the quick oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and honey. Stir everything together.
- Stir in the add-ins. I like to add in M&M’s but you could leave them out. You could also add flaxseed or even chopped peanuts.
- Store in fridge. Cover the mixing bowl and let chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours. I like to make the mixture the night before and then in the morning just roll them into balls.
- Roll into balls. I use a cookie scoop & then roll it into a ball. The cookie scoop helps start the balls making it easier.
Tips & Variations
- Chilling. Don’t skip the step of chilling the mixture in the fridge before making them into balls. The honey and the peanut butter need to set or it will be a sticky mess.
- Natural peanut butter. Don’t use natural peanut butter, natural peanut butter is usually more runny due to the extra oils. If you only have natural peanut butter…no worries, just add an additional cup of oats to the mixture.
- Extra Add-Ins. Try your favorite M&M flavor for a flavor boost, or switch out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or dried fruit.
- Protein Powder. Add a scoop of protein powder for a boost of protein. Make sure it’s kid safe before giving to children.
Yes, absolutely! The texture might be slightly different but using either instant oats or old fashioned oats work great with these energy bites.
Store the energy bites in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Yes! You can freeze them in a freezer bag for about 3-4 months. Once your ready to eat them, let them thaw to room temperature.
Of course, you can mix any protein powders into the mixture. I usually add about 1 spoonful of protein powder.
- Store. Store energy bites in an air tight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week. If you want, you can freeze them in a freezer friendly container for 3-4 months. Eat frozen or thaw and enjoy!
More Snack Recipes
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini m&ms
- ⅔ cup honey
- In a large bowl, mix quick oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and honey together.
- Add mini m&m’s.
- Cover the mixing bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Roll into balls, approximately 1 inch thick. Enjoy immediately.
- STORE: In an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- FREEZE: I store mine in a freezer bag. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Can be frozen for 3-4 months.
You May Also Like…
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.