Doritos Taco Casserole
If you’re looking for the ultimate comfort food for tonight’s dinner – you’re going to love this Doritos taco casserole! It’s an amazing twist on the famous taco casserole. Truly drool-worthy, full of flavor, and will have you running back for seconds!
TACO CASSEROLE WITH DORITOS
I will admit… I played around with this taco casserole recipe for a while. There are so many ways to make a Doritos taco casserole but this was the absolute winner in our house! It includes a nacho salsa sauce that really gives it the perfect flavor!
While we used ground beef in this recipe, it can also be made with chicken. Simply scroll down to the question section at the bottom of this post for directions to use shredded chicken instead.
Now… if you’re anything like me, you’ll run for a few plates of this stuff. You might want to make some extra of this amazing taco casserole with Doritos. You can either use an extra large dish and use the same amount of sauce, or double the recipe into 2 different casserole dishes.
While this is a great weeknight dinner recipe, it’s also a huge crowd pleaser! Try it out for family gatherings, potlock, or even at a holiday party. I guarantee you’ll get lots of compliments!
WHAT IS A DORITOS TACO CASSEROLE?
A Doritos taco casserole is quite simply the most delicious weeknight dinner recipe you’ll taste. It’s a layered casserole that includes taco meat, doritos, and for this recipe – a delicious sauce!
DORITOS TACO CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
For this delicious taco casserole with Doritos, you’ll need these ingredients:
- GROUND MEAT: We chose ground beef for this recipe, but you can use ground turkey as well.
- TACO SEASONING: It wouldn’t be a taco recipe without the perfect seasoning!
- DORITOS: This is what makes this taco casserole recipe perfect – using both cool ranch and nacho cheese Doritos.
- CHEESE SAUCE: The cheddar cheese sauce really gives this recipe a delicious cheesy twist.
- SALSA: Grab your favorite chunky salsa at your preferred heat! We opted for a mild chunky salsa.
- SHREDDED CHEESE: Cheese is the best part, isn’t it? This recipe is topped with lots of your favorite cheese!
- TOPPINGS: To finish it off, grab your favorite toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, olives, onion, and sour cream!
HOW TO MAKE DORITOS TACO CASSEROLE
Want to print this off for later? Scroll down below for the full printable step-by-step recipe!
- PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 glass dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- BROWN THE MEAT: Brown the ground beef (or turkey); drain. Add taco seasoning and water, according to package directions.
- CRUSH THE CHIPS: Grab a large bowl, and slightly crush the chips and mix together.
- MIX THE SAUCE: Mix the cheese sauce and salsa in a small bowl.
- LAYER THE CASSEROLE: Add half of the chips to the bottom of the baking dish and then layer the taco meat. Then, pour the sauce over the taco meat and add the remaining Doritos.
- BAKE: Top the Doritos taco casserole with shredded cheese and cover with tin foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- SERVE: Add your preferred toppings and serve. Enjoy!
CAN YOU MAKE TACO CASSEROLE WITH CHICKEN?
Yes! We have also made this Doritos taco casserole with chicken that was boiled and shredded and it was delicious! You’ll want to allow an additional 30 minutes of prep time and use 1-2 chicken breasts.
CAN YOU FREEZE THE DORITOS TACO CASSEROLE?
Yes! I do recommend freezing and wrapping with foil prior to baking and not baking and then freezing to preserve all the tastes and textures.
Check out these other delicious taco recipes!
If you have tried this Doritos Taco Casserole recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Doritos Taco Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 bag nacho cheese Doritos, 9.25 ounces
- 1 bag cool ranch Doritos, 9.25 ounces
- 1 can cheddar cheese sauce, 15 ounces
- 1 jar chunky salsa, 16 ounces
- 2 cups shredded Mexican four cheese blend
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 glass dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Brown the ground beef (or turkey); drain. Add taco seasoning and water, according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix both kinds of Doritos and slightly crush the chips.
- In a small bowl, mix the cheddar cheese sauce and salsa together.
- Layer half the chips to the bottom of the baking dish and then layer the taco meat.
- Pour the nacho salsa sauce over the meat and then add the rest of the Doritos.
- Top with shredded cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Add toppings and serve. Enjoy!
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can’t wait to try it.
These are perfection! I can’t wait to try them!
This new comfort food will be a regular in our house. My kids loved it!!
This instantly became a family favorite! They are already begging me to make it again!
Anything with doritos has to be delicious!! Your pictures make me wish I had it in front of me. This looks so flavorful!
This recipe is like the doritos pie we had growing up. I’m excited to find this one though because it makes enough to feed our big family.