Caramel apple pudding
Caramel Apple Pudding is a decadent no bake dessert recipe that’s fruity, gooey, sweet, and so delightfully easy to make! Fresh, crisp apples top a gooey layer of cream cheese and butterscotch caramel pudding, all while a gingersnap crust lends a slightly spiced flavor and crunchy consistency.
Caramel Apple Pudding
Why go through the hassle of making real caramel apples when you can make this quick and easy Caramel Apple Pudding?! It’s got all of the flavors you love from caramel dipped apples all in one dish. This no bake pudding recipe is perfect for fall, but let’s be honest – it’s easy to crave caramel apple flavors all year long. After all, I know that there is such a thing as apple season, but I’m a firm believer that it shouldn’t deter you from eating them whenever you want!
The distinct layers of this pudding dessert are what make it so downright delicious. At the bottom, there’s a buttery gingersnap cookie crust that’s topped by a layer of silky sweet cream cheese, then a layer of smooth caramel pudding is spread on top of that. To top it all of is a final layer of fluffy whipped topping, crisp fresh apples, peanuts, and a drizzle of caramel. Each layer is scrumptious enough to eat all by itself, but it’s a real treat when you get to enjoy it all in one bite.
So I ask you, why spend hours of frustration making caramel apples when you can whip up this easy layered Caramel Apple Pudding in just a few moments? The only hard part about this recipe is letting it sit in the fridge for 4 hours. That seems like an eternity when you want to enjoy your sweet treat! However, the wait is completely worth your while when you finally do get to dig in. While the urge to have a good ol’ caramel apple may pop up here and there, you can fill those gaps with this amazing Caramel Apple Pudding. It’s the perfect way to have that fun flavor all year long!
Another thing I really love about this dessert is that it’s layered, which means it photographs well AND it’s impressive at parties! Honestly, I like when I can show off a little bit… It’ll just be our little secret that this layered masterpiece is actually super simple.
Ingredients for Caramel Apple Pudding
- COOKIES – 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 40 cookies)
- BUTTER – 1/3 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE – 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- SUGAR – 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- MILK – 3 1/4 cups milk, divided
- WHIPPED TOPPING – 1 carton ( 8oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- PUDDING MIX – 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- CARAMEL – 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- RED APPLE – 1 medium red delicious apple, chopped
- GREEN APPLE – 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped
- PEANUTS – 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
How to Make Caramel Apple Pudding
MAKE THE CRUST. Use a food processor to combine the cookies and butter together.
PRESS IT. Press the buttery cookie crumbs into the bottom of a prepared 13×9 baking dish. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
CREATE THE CREAMY LAYER. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and milk. Once smooth, fold in the whipped topping, then smooth that evenly over the crust.
MAKE THE PUDDING. Whisk together the milk and pudding mixes. Let it stand for about 2 minutes until set. Stir in the caramel topping, then spoon the pudding layer over the creamy later. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
CHILL. Add one more layer of whipped topping, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
ENJOY! Just before serving, top with apples and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Tips for the Best Caramel Apple Pudding
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened. For a quick way to soften cream cheese, place the unwrapped cream cheese onto a microwave safe plate and microwave for ONLY 10 SECONDS.
- This Caramel Apple Pudding can be made a day or two ahead of time, but don’t wait much longer than that. Once you’re ready to serve, add the chopped apples and peanuts or your favorite caramel apple topping.
- Change up the toppings! You can use mini M&M’s, sprinkles, crushed Oreos, gummy worms, candy corn, or chocolate chips…just to name a few!
MORE DELICIOUS APPLE RECIPES
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 carton ( 8oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 medium red delicious apple, chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
STEP 1: Using a food processor , crush gingersnap cookies and butter together.
STEP 2: Press cookie crumbs onto the bottom of a greases 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
STEP 3: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Stevia In The Raw® and 1/4 cup milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
STEP 4: In a large bowl, whisk the remaining milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
STEP 5: Spread remaining whipped topping over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until filling is firm.
STEP 6: Just before serving, top with apples; drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.