Apple Streusel French Toast Bake
This delicious Apple Streusel French Toast Bake will keep your Fall taste buds into overdrive!
Fall is coming…I can literally feel it in the air.
And with fall comes all the most amazing scents and flavors that one can even imagine.
While I’m a huge fan of pumpkin, I also can’t deny that I equally love apple as well.
This Apple French Toast Bake is truly one of the best ways to start a brisk Fall morning!
I often find myself thinking of new ways to combine great dishes, and when this idea hit me, I knew it was perfect.
French toast is already yummy on its own, but with the flavors of ripe apples? Forget about it. One bite, you’ll be forever hooked.
I love having this as an option for overnight guests, or as a great dish to take to tailgating for those early football games.
While it seems as though one batch would feed quite a few, I always encourage people to make extra because it will go really quick!
However, you prefer to bake and share, enjoy making those around you smile and fall in love with food again!
Great dishes are the perfect way to bond over incredible food!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE FRENCH TOAST BAKE
STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
● BUTTER: 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter.
● BROWN SUGAR: 1/2 cup of light or dark brown sugar.
● FLOUR: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
● GROUND CINNAMON: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
● CHOPPED PECANS: 1 cup chopped pecans.
FRENCH TOAST INGREDIENTS:
● EGGS: 2 large eggs.
● HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or milk.
● NUTMEG: 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
● VANILLA EXTRACT: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
● REFRIGERATED CINNAMON ROLLS: 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon roll dough.
● APPLE PIE FILLING: 1 can apple pie filling or you could use fresh apples.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED FRENCH TOAST
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-sticking cooking spray. Set aside.
MAKE STREUSEL TOPPING:
STEP 1: In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and chopped pecans. Mix together until mixture becomes crumbly. Set aside.
MAKE FRENCH TOAST:
STEP 2: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
STEP 3: Open canned cinnamon rolls, slice each cinnamon roll into eighths. Place cinnamon roll pieces into prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture over top of cinnamon roll pieces. Make sure that each piece is generously coated in egg mixture.
STEP 4: Evenly spread apple pie filling over top of cinnamon roll pieces.
STEP 5: Sprinkle streusel topping over apple pie filling.
STEP 6: Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until top becomes lightly brown. Drizzle cinnamon roll icing over top of french toast bake and enjoy!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT FRENCH TOAST
CINNAMON ROLLS: I used Pillsbury Grands Flaky Supreme cinnamon rolls for the french toast base. You could also use a couple day old french bread, if you do use french bread, make sure to add some more ground cinnamon.
APPLE PIE FILLING: I used apple pie filling in this french toast bake, but you could use fresh apple slices too. I love using fresh apples, especially in the fall when it’s apple season. Fresh apples make this french toast outstanding but if it’s not apple season then apple pie filling tastes just as good and so much easier!
CREAM CHEESE ICING: Before serving, I like to drizzle the cream cheese icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls over the top of the french toast bake. You could also keep it plain or dust powdered sugar on top instead.
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
MIXING BOWLS: These are my go-to mixing bowls, I use them for everything.
WHISK: Everyone needs one or two really good whisks in their kitchen and this one is the best.
9×13 INCH BAKING DISH: This is my favorite baking dish.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans flaky cinnamon rolls
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-sticking cooking spray. Set aside.
MAKE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and chopped pecans. Mix together until mixture becomes crumbly. Set aside.
MAKE FRENCH TOAST:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Open canned cinnamon rolls, slice each cinnamon roll into eighths. Place cinnamon roll pieces into prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture over top of cinnamon roll pieces. Make sure that each piece is generously coated in egg mixture.
- Evenly spread apple pie filling over top of cinnamon roll pieces.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over apple pie filling.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until top becomes lightly brown. Drizzle cinnamon roll icing over top of french toast bake and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.