Instant Pot Apple Cider
Perfect fall drink recipe, this Instant Pot Apple Cider is to die for!! So easy to make with very few ingredients and full of flavor.
EASY APPLE CIDER RECIPE
If you ask me, apple cider is the superior fall drink recipe. Forget pumpkin spice (as much as I love it!), a good hot apple cider is all you need. You can sip on it while you lounge around on your couch, spike it with alcohol for a fun gathering, or whatever else tickles your fancy.
This recipe is made in under 30 minutes and utilizes my favorite appliance – the instant pot! So quick and easy, you are sure to run back to this recipe often.
HOMEMADE APPLE CIDER
There is nothing quite like a homemade version of hot apple cider. The apples are richer and paired with cinnamon and nutmeg – YUM!! You are sure to be in pure blissful heaven with every sip of this easy apple cider recipe.
We love whipping up this apple drink recipe during the holidays. It’s the ULTIMATE comfort drink perfect for parties. This year we are pulling this out pretty often since I came up with an instant pot version. It’s too good not to!
Scroll down below to get started making your own hot apple cider in an instant pot!
HOT APPLE CIDER INGREDIENTS
For this homemade apple cider recipe, you’ll need these ingredients:
- CINNAMON: We used a cinnamon stick, but you can use ground cinnamon too!
- NUTMEG: I just love the flavor of the nutmeg in this recipe!
- APPLES: Gala and granny smith apples are the PERFECT combo for this apple drink.
- ORANGE: Just one orange is used in this recipe to add a little more flavor.
- LEMON JUICE: I used lemon juice to add to the fruit of this recipe.
- WATER: Lots of water is used to create your cider!
- BROWN SUGAR: Light brown sugar is optional if you prefer your cider a little sweeter.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CIDER
Scroll down below for the printable step-by-step recipe for this hot apple cider!
- PREPARE FRUIT: Start by coring and cutting the apple into even slices. Then, cut the orange into even slices.
- ADD TO INSTANT POT: Place the apples, orange slices, nutmeg, and cinnamon into the instant pot; squeeze lemon juice onto the fruit. Pour water onto the fruit, making sure to cover all the fruit within the pot.
- COOK APPLE CIDER: Turn the instant pot to “pressure cook” on high for 18 minutes. Safely release the pressure valve and remove the lid.
- MASH FRUIT: Use a potato masher to lightly mash the fruit in the pot and get all the extra juice out. Use a mesh sieve to strain the cider from the fruit.
- ADD SUGAR: If you like sweeter apple cider, mix in the brown sugar. Pour into mugs and enjoy!
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE APPLES FOR A DIFFERENT KIND?
Sure! You can use whatever apples you’d like. Gala and granny smith are the best balance of sweet and tart so please keep in mind that different apples may warrant different results.
CAN I ADD ALCOHOL FOR THIS APPLE DRINK RECIPE?
You sure can! My favorite for spiked apple cider recipe is bourbon, but you can use anything you like. Make sure to cut back on the water just a tad when adding alcohol. You may need to add additional ingredients to balance out the alcohol, such as honey.
HOW LONG WILL THIS HOT APPLE CIDER RECIPE LAST?
This instant pot apple cider will last about two weeks. You can chill it for a cold cider or reheat later!
MORE FALL DRINK RECIPES:
- Hot Cranberry Punch
- Holiday Punch Recipe
- Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Hot Citrus Apple Cider
If you have tried this Instant Pot Apple Cider recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 large cinnamon stick (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 apples (I used 2 gala and 4 granny smith)
- 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8-10 cups of water (enough to cover the fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- Core and cut the apple into even slices. Cut the orange into even slices (you do not have to peel the orange).
- Place the apples, orange slices, nutmeg, and cinnamon into the instant pot. Squeeze lemon juice onto the fruit.
- Pour water onto the fruit, making sure to cover all the fruit within the pot.
- Turn the instant pot to “pressure cook” on high for 18 minutes. Safely release the pressure valve and remove the lid.
- Use a potato smasher to lightly mash the fruit in the pot and get all the extra juice out. Use a mesh sieve to strain the cider from the fruit.
- If you like sweeter apple cider, mix in the brown sugar. Pour into mugs and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.