Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow
Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow is oh-so sweet, colorful, and crazy addictive! Seriously, you can’t just have one bite of this Chex Mix coated with almond bark, sprinkles, and delicious cake mix. I dare you to try!
Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow
I often find myself thinking back to my childhood years about snacks and treats that I really, really loved. While it’s hard to narrow it down to a definitive list of favorites, two that I really loved then (and still do now) are sugar cookies and puppy chow. And, because of how my mind works, I questioned – if they were that scrumptious all on their own, how would they be combined?
AMAZING is the answer. Absolutely amazing. Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow is the kind of treat that really stops me in my tracks. I don’t care what diet I’m on or where I am, if I see this stuff, I’m having some. Period! I just love the sugary sweetness and the fact that it’s all my childhood memories wrapped up in one nice, sprinkled little snack. The simple combination of the four ingredients is takes to make this snack is sure to make your inner child smile!
I’ve taken this colorful treat to parties, family get-togethers, and just made a batch of it to have around the house. Each and every time, it’s 100% a win! This is an easy tried and true recipe that you’ll love whipping up. Honestly, I have to will myself to stay away from it because I find myself grabbing piece after piece (or sometimes handful after handful) of this seriously addictive Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow.
PUPPY CHOW INGREDIENTS
To make this sweet puppy chow, you will need just four simple ingredients. Yes, you read that right – only 4!
- RICE CHEX CEREAL: 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- ALMOND BARK: 8 ounces almond bark, melted
- SPRINKLES: 2/3 cups sprinkles
- CAKE MIX: 1 1/2 cups funfetti cake mix
HOW TO MAKE PUPPY CHOW
Here’s how to make the easiest (and tastiest) Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow EVER:
POUR: Pour the Rice Chex cereal in a large bowl, set aside.
MELT: In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark according to package directions.
POUR AND STIR: Pour melted almond bark over cereal. Stir it all together gently, making sure not to break the cereal.
ADD SOME FUN: Gently, as to not break the Rice Chex, stir in sprinkles.
SHAKE IT UP: In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the funfetti cake mix. Pour the almond bark covered cereal into the large bag or container. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the funfetti cake mix.
DIG IN: Discard excess funfetti cake mix, and enjoy your new favorite sugary snack!
Tips for the BEST Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow
- I used almond bark to give this sugar cookie puppy chow that “sugar cookie” flavor. But if you don’t want to use almond bark, you can use white chocolate baking bars. Just do NOT use white chocolate chips!
- I like to use nonpareil sprinkles because they mix into the cereal a lot easier than “normal” rainbow sprinkles. With that being said, still be careful when folding the sprinkles into the puppy chow mixture because you don’t want the colors from the sprinkles to run.
- I highly recommend making this puppy chow the same day you are planning on enjoying it. The longer it sits, the less crunchy the puppy chow is, so I like to make it the day of or the night before for the freshest results!
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
- MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls! They’re extremely durable and the colors are so much fun!
- SPATULA: Everyone needs a good quality spatula in their kitchen, and this one is my absolute favorite.
- SERVING BOWLS: I love these super cute serving bowls! After all, with a treat this cute, you need to serve it with a little flair.
So many sprinkles, so little time! If you love colorful treats half as much as I do, you need to also make No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles, Funfetti French Toast Muffins, and some truly wonderful Sugar Cookie Dip. You’ll be feeling like a real unicorn in no time!
Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow
- 4 ½ cups Rice Chex cereal
- 8 ounces almond bark, melted
- ⅔ cups sprinkles
- 1 ½ cups funfetti cake mix
- Pour the Rice Chex cereal in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt almond bark according to package directions.
- Pour melted almond bark over cereal. Stir it all together gently, making sure not to break the cereal.
- Gently, stir in sprinkles.
- In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the funfetti cake mix. Pour the almond bark covered cereal into the large bag or container. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the funfetti cake mix.
- Discard excess funfetti cake mix and enjoy.
- Store in a covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
SUGAR COOKIE PUPPY CHOW
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.
Love making this with the kids. So delicious and pretty too!
What a great idea! So pretty and so tasty! I made mine with green and red sprinkles and brought it to a Christmas party. It was a big hit!