Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
These Instant Pot Burrito Bowls will show you, and your taste buds that you no longer need a tortilla to enjoy that burrito flavor.
To say that I love my Instant Pot is an understatement. It has truly changed everything that I thought I previously knew about cooking.
These Instant Pot Burrito Bowls will show you, and your taste buds that you no longer need a tortilla to enjoy that burrito flavor. To say that I love my Instant Pot is an understatement. It has truly changed everything that I thought I previously knew about cooking.
And my latest Instant Pot creation that I can’t get enough of?
Instant Pot Burrito Bowls.
If you are anything like me, you love burritos but hate that “carb overload” feeling that can accompany eating that giant flour tortilla that is part of the burrito territory.
I started racking my brain trying to think of a way to keep that burrito flavor that I’ve grown to crave and love, but lose that tortilla aspect altogether.
And once again, my Instant Pot came through!
Not only does this Instant Pot Burrito Bowl taste EXACTLY like a burrito, I honestly don’t miss not having the tortilla at all!
In fact, I actually prefer it this way more!
I love the fact that if I want to add a bit of crunch, the tortilla chips give the option for a fun and much-needed texture.
Plus, the flavors are spot on.
If you are looking for an awesome way to get that burrito flavor without the guilt, this Instant Pot Burrito Bowl recipe is exactly what you need!
BURRITO BOWL INGREDIENTS
● GROUND BEEF: 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey.
● ONION: 1 yellow onion.
● TACO SEASONING: 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning.
● BLACK BEANS: 1 (15 oz.) can of black beans.
● CORN: 1 (15 oz.) can corn.
● SALSA: 1 (16 oz.) jar of medium or hot salsa, depending on how spicy you like things.
● BROWN RICE: 1 cup of brown rice or jasmine rice.
● CHICKEN BROTH: 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
● SHREDDED CHEESE: sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
● TOMATOES: 1 or 2 tomatoes for topping.
● AVOCADO: 1 or 2 avocados for topping.
● TORTILLA CHIPS: I love adding tortilla chips or Doritos to my burrito bowls.
● SOUR CREAM: And it wouldn’t be a burrito bowl without finishing it off with a dollop of sour cream.
HOW TO MAKE BURRITO BOWLS IN THE INSTANT POT
STEP 1: Press the “Saute” button, and add the oil.
STEP 2: Once the oil is hot, add in the ground beef and cook until the ground beef is brown. Drain any excess fat.
STEP 3: Add in the diced onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
STEP 4: Add taco seasoning, and 1 cup of the chicken broth. Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
STEP 5: Stir in the beans, corn, and salsa; stir until combined.
STEP 6: Add the rice on top of the mixture, but DO NOT STIR.
STEP 7: Add the remaining 1 cup of chicken broth over the rice.
STEP 8: Cover the pot and make sure the vent on the top of the cover is set to “Sealing”. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Close and lock the lid. It should take the pressure cooker about 10 to 12 minutes to come to pressure and begin the 15-minute countdown. When cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
STEP 9: Stir everything together. Serve with shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado slices, tortilla chips, and sour cream.
ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS
CHICKEN OR GROUND BEEF: I used ground beef to make these burrito bowls but I’ve also used chicken breasts. I use about 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts.
BURRITO BOWL TOPPINGS: Top with sliced avocado, tomatoes, tortilla chips and sour cream.
PERFECT MAKE-AHEAD RECIPE: I love making this on a Sunday and putting it separate containers for lunch all week long.
KITCHEN TOOLS NEEDED
INSTANT POT: I have this Instant Pot, it’s a 6 quart and perfect for my husband and I. If you have a bigger family or if you are always hosting parties, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the 8 quart Instant Pot.
BOWLS: These are my favorite bowls, we use them for everything.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) jar medium salsa
- 1 cup brown rice or jasmine rice
- shredded cheese
- diced tomatoes
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- Press the "Saute" button, and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ground beef and cook for until ground beef is browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning, and 1 cup of the chicken broth. Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans, corn, and salsa; stir until combined.
- Add the rice on top of the mixture, but DO NOT STIR.
- Add remaining 1 cup of chicken broth over the rice.
- Cover the pot and make sure the vent on the top of the cover is set to "Sealing". Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Close and lock the lid. It should take the pressure cooker about 10 to 12 minutes to come to pressure and begin the 15 minute countdown. When cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Stir everything together. Serve with shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado slices, tortilla chips and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 379 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 810mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 4g Protein: 23g
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.