Salsa recipes are a true staple for summertime, don’t you think? This is why you are going to LOVE this avocado salsa recipe! It’s full of flavor with corn, peppers, olives, onions, and of course avocado!
BEST SALSA RECIPE
This is the BEST salsa recipe that includes avocados. But then again… I’ll take any chance to whip up an avocado recipe. I just love avocados! I’ll let you be the judge, huh?
This Avocado Salsa is so flavorful it’s loaded with corn, olives, onions, peppers, avocados and the dressing that you coat all these delicious veggies with is out of the world. Once you start eating this salsa, I guarantee you’re going to be hooked.
I make this all the time to bring to a party and I’m always getting asked for the recipe. So now I can just send all my friends and family to my website and they will have this Avocado Salsa recipe forever. You’re welcome!
HOMEMADE SALSA WITH AVOCADO
I read something somewhere that an avocado a day is super healthy for you, so I try to add avocado to at least one meal a day. So when I made this Avocado Salsa I had an excuse to snack on this all day. (So no judgment here if you’re a snacker like me ha!)
But what I really love about this salsa is not only is it pretty good for you, but I know what it’s in it vs buying it from the store. It’s a mouth-watering homemade salsa recipe you are SURE to return to again and again.
Ready to make some for yourself? Scroll down below for the full recipe for avocado salsa!
AVOCADO SALSA INGREDIENTS
For this easy salsa recipe, you’ll need these ingredients:
- CORN: What’s better than a salsa recipe with corn?!
- BLACK OLIVES: Black olives are a must, don’t you think?
- BELL PEPPER: Red, yellow, and green peppers are used for this recipe.
- ONION: Just a small onion, chopped up for this one.
- OIL: We used olive oil as it gives that perfect flavor.
- LEMON JUICE: Add some acidity with some lemon juice.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: The apple cider vinegar gives it a good flavor.
- SEASONING: We used oregano, salt, and pepper for a nice flavor.
- AVOCADO: You can’t forget the most important ingredient – avocados!
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO SALSA
Scroll down for a printable step-by-step avocado salsa recipe!
- MIX VEGGIES: Start by mixing together the corn, olives, peppers, and onion into a large bowl.
- ADD OIL MIXTURE: In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and seasonings. Pour over the corn mixture and toss.
- REFRIGERATE: Cover and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, chop the avocados and stir into the salsa. Serve with your favorite tortilla chip.
SHOULD I MAKE THIS SALSA THE NIGHT BEFORE?
Absolutely! The key to this avocado salsa is letting this salsa soak up in all the flavors overnight. So make sure to plan ahead because this salsa needs to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Trust me, it will be worth the wait!
HOW MANY AVOCADOS DO I NEED?
At least 4! I also like to top this salsa with some extra avocados because you can never have enough and it makes this salsa pretty.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH AVOCADO SALSA?
Just about anything! Not only is this salsa excellent with chips but it’s also perfect for topping on chicken, steak, tacos or in a salad. Or you could just eat it with a spoon!
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
If you have tried this Avocado Salsa recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 ⅔ cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, all the peppers and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
- The key to this avocado salsa is letting this salsa soak up in all the flavors overnight. So make sure to plan ahead because this salsa needs to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Trust me, it will be worth the wait!
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This looks so delicious! My husband and I are going to love this recipe! I can’t wait to make this soon!
I could just eat this by the spoonful! Love how light and delicious it is.