The Best Chicken Pot Pie
The Best Chicken Pot Pie made with rotisserie chicken and topped with Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits. This recipe is a family favorite and it’s super simple to make!
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE
If you’re looking for a dish that is certain to please, this Easy Chicken Pot Pie needs to be on your radar.I’m always on the hunt for something simple for dinner.
And I’m not talking about “drive-thru” fast food, either. I’m talking homemade goodness that doesn’t suck up my entire day.
While I absolutely love to cook, I don’t like recipes that take hours from start to finish. I’m too hungry to be that patient! But this Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe is one that I adore. Not only is it crazy simple, but it’s one that I can whip up with ease.
While many people hear that words “pot pie” and turn the other cheek, this recipe is different because it’s not overly complicated. Intrigued? You should be! Treat yourself or your family to this Chicken Pot Pie.
It’s packed full of great ingredients that are certain to give you the energy that you need to get through the day. Plus, if you happen to have a bit left over, it’ll taste good the next day, too! Don’t just make pot pie when the weather is cold…There’s never a wrong time to make this Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe!
WHAT ARE THE BEST BISCUITS TO USE FOR CHICKEN POT PIE?
Chicken Pot Pie with biscuits is even better than with a traditional pie crust and it’s so much easier to make. I use Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix. They add so much flavor to the chicken pot pie and they don’t get “soggy” on the bottom as some other biscuits do. I biscuit mix is super easy to make and you can find it in the baking aisle at Wal-Mart!
CAN I USE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN IN CHICKEN POT PIE?
YES! I use rotisserie chicken whenever I can. It just makes things so much easier. If you have the time, you can also use slow cooker shredded chicken breasts.
WHAT VEGGIES ARE GOOD IN CHICKEN POT PIE?
You can add or omit any veggies your family likes. I like to keep it easy and just get a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and some sliced mushrooms.
In the summer, I use fresh veggies like onions, green beans, fresh peas, and asparagus.
CAN CHICKEN POT PIE BE FROZEN?
YES! This chicken pot pie recipe is the perfect “make ahead and freeze” meals. I use a disposable baking pan if I’m going to freeze it. Once you’re ready to bake it, just add an extra 15-20 minutes or until it’s totally cooked through.
CHICKEN POT PIE INGREDIENTS
- Rotisserie chicken
- Cream of chicken soup
- Fresh or Frozen vegetables
- Sliced mushrooms
- Black pepper
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit Mix
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (for the biscuit mix)
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN POT PIE
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
STEP 1: In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen vegetables, mushrooms minced garlic, pepper, and shredded cheeses. Mix until combined.
STEP 2: Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
STEP 3: Prepare biscuit mix according to package directions.
STEP 4: Using an ice cream scooper, top the chicken mixture with the biscuit dough.
STEP 5: Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon garlic herb butter sauce onto each biscuit. Serve & enjoy!
MORE DINNER RECIPES
- Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Mushroom Meatballs
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken ( 4 chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken)
- 2 10.5oz cream of chicken soup
- 3 ( 20-24 oz.) cups of frozen vegetables
- 1 package ( 8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box (11.36 oz.) Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit Mix
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (for the biscuit mix)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen vegetables, mushrooms minced garlic, pepper and shredded cheeses. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Prepare biscuit mix according to package directions.
- Using an ice cream scooper, top the chicken mixture with the biscuit dough.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon garlic herb butter sauce onto each biscuit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 838mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 16gSugar: 12gProtein: 44g