HOMEMADE PINEAPPLE COBBLER
This really is the Best Pineapple Cobbler you’ll ever taste! Made with delicious pineapple and the best cobbler crust ever. Top this cobbler with ice cream and you’ll have the perfect summer dessert.
HOMEMADE COBBLER RECIPE
If you’re looking for the best pineapple cobbler recipe around, you’ve just found it, my friends. One bite of this sweet goodness and you’ll be back for seconds. (and maybe even thirds!)
So many times people tend to overlook the taste of pineapple and how it can be an awesome dessert addition. It’s sweet and has a great texture for standing up in crusts and other various type cobblers.
I’m a firm believer that there is always a way to use up food that you’ve bought from the store and this cobbler recipe is the proof! If you find that you have some pineapple that needs to be used up, this pineapple cobbler is calling your name.
And trust me on this, after one bite you’ll be a believer! While this might be considered a “dessert”, I see no issues with enjoying a piece of this with a nice, hot cup of coffee in the mornings as well. After all, isn’t that an added perk of being an adult?
Now that the warmer months are here, fill your belly with the best pineapple cobbler that you’ve ever tasted. It’s one that you just won’t want to miss!
PINEAPPLE COBBLER INGREDIENTS
You will only need these simple ingredients to make this homemade cobbler recipe:
- MILK: I like to use whole milk when I make a cobbler crust, it gives it that rich flavor.
- SELF-RISING FLOUR: Self-rising flour makes the crust fool-proof, you will never have to worry about the crust coming out too soggy or too crunchy!
- SUGAR: Of course it wouldn’t be a dessert without granulated sugar.
- PINEAPPLE: To make this cobbler recipe as easy as possible I use crushed canned pineapple.
- BUTTER: Melted butter on the bottom of the crust is the secret to the BEST COBBLER EVER!
HOW TO MAKE COBBLER
Scroll down for printable pineapple cobbler recipe.
- MAKE COBBLER CRUST: Mix together the flour and sugar. Add pineapple juice (reserve pineapple juice from 1 can of crushed pineapple) and milk.
- TOP WITH PINEAPPLE: Add melted butter to the baking dish and add crust batter. Top with pineapple.
- BAKE: Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top is slightly brown.
- SERVE: Top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
CAN I MAKE IT IN ADVANCE?
No. It’s best to make and bake the cobbler immediately.
HOW LONG DOES IT KEEP?
For the best taste, serve it within an hour of baking it. The crust will become soggy if it sits too long.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH COBBLER?
Pineapple cobbler is best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel.
Be sure to check out these other easy dessert recipes!
If you have tried this Homemade Pineapple Cobbler recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 (16 oz) cans crushed or chunk pineapple in juice – DRAIN but reserve liquid from 1 can
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your flour and sugar. Add the reserved fruit liquid and milk. Whisk until it becomes a thick batter.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, add the melted butter and then add your crust batter. Top with the pineapple. Bake for 45 minutes to a 1 hour or until the top is slightly brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.