Baked Apple Chips
Baked Apple Chips are the ultimate fall snack! Sliced apples are baked to crispy perfection with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar. Sneak them into your little one’s lunchbox or enjoy them with a glass of spiked cider – you’ll love reaching for these snacks day and night!
Baked Apple Chips
I don’t think anything is more specifically autumnal than Baked Apple Chips! When I enjoy them, I like to close my eyes and really take in all of those cozy fall flavors that are created by the warm cinnamon and crispy apples. With that being said, I also do love these Baked Apple Chips as an easy fall-inspired snack when I’m on the go! When I’m running errands and need a quick little something in my purse, this is what I love reaching for.
The key to making truly the BEST Baked Apple Chips is slicing them nice and thin. When you achieve that perfectly thin slice, they bake to the best crispy, crunchy consistency. But don’t get me wrong – even if you don’t slice them quite thin enough, they are still going to bake to a crisp and taste amazing! Did I mention that this recipe is literally foolproof? You cannot mess it up, no matter how hard you try!
I always tell people to make up a large batch of these cinnamon apple snacks because once you try one, you’re not going to be able to stop. And why should you? They’re a healthier alternative to so many other fried chips. Plus, they’re homemade, so you know exactly what’s going into them. As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away…
Ingredients for Baked Apple Chips
With only 3 essential ingredients, this is a budget friendly recipe that you’ll love making time and time again. You probably already have everything you need in your kitchen now!
- APPLES – 3 apples (Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, and/or Pink Lady)
- SUGAR – 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- CINNAMON – 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE BAKED APPLE CHIPS
Slice, sprinkle, and bake! That’s all it takes to make these Baked Apple Chips.
PREPARE: Preheat oven to 225°F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
MIX THE SUGAR AND CINNAMON: In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
SLICE AND SPRINKLE: Using a mandoline, thinly slice the apples. Evenly, spread the apple slices onto the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over top of each apple slice.
BAKE: Bake for 1 hour, flip the apple slices over and bake for another hour.
Tips for the BEST Baked Apple Chips
- Pick the right apples. I found that using Granny Smith (the green ones), Honey Crisp (the red/yellow ones), and or Pink Lady (the pinkish ones) apples are the BEST to use when making baked apples chips.
- Get the perfect slice every time. To get perfect Baked Apple Chips, you need to make sure to make the apple slices super thin. The easiest way to do that, is using a Mandoline. It slices each apple perfectly, if you don’t have one I would highly recommend getting one.
- Make them super crunchy. If after you have baked the apple slices for 2 hours and you would like the MORE crunchy, all you have to do is turn off your oven and leave the apple slices in the oven for 3 hours. This will give them more time to get crunchy but not overly crunchy.
Apples are one of my favorite ingredients to play around with in the fall months! If you have some on hand that you want to use deliciously, consider making Caramel Apple Pudding, Instant Pot Apple Cider, or the best Apple Crisp Recipe!
- 3 apples (Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, and/or Pink Lady)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225F degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the apples. Evenly, spread the apple slices onto the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over top of each apple slice.
- Bake for 1 hour, flip the apple slices over and bake for another hour.